My Beautiful Darling Oakley

cassie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for you and your family, he was such a beautiful boy and I loved dropping in the big fluffy thread and seeing photos of his gorgeous face...How devastating for you, but he is in no pain now, you did the right thing, although just because it was right never means its easy...

Sending you lots of hugs...

RIP Oakley you beautiful boy :( :p

OMG I just found out about this I am so sorry and there aren't any words to help ease your pain. He was taken too young and will now run free over the bridge. RIP Oakly :p Godspeed beautiful boy.

Even though his time here on Earth was a short one I know he was well loved and treasured, he may be gone but never forgotten. :(:rofl::rofl:

Cassie :rofl::rofl:

I am sorry to hear this, i have only just read the first posting, will email you now if i can type as the tears are welling in my eyes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

RIP Oakley :p :(:rofl: Hopefully he is playing with all the other Saints at the bridge (my 2 boofers included)

Lots of hugs to you :rofl::rofl:

Heidi

Edited by *Heidi*

Dear Cassie and family,

I am so sorry to hear of your beautiful Oakley being taken away from this earth way too soon. Being the humane thing to do if he was in pain, you are indeed very courageous and loving to do such a thing. May he rest in peace now. He will always be with you!

Recently, in the TM mail list, there have been some similar tragedies. One lady posted this beatiful piece;

One day a fuzzy face - big or small arrives to your home. Each day unfolds - and you see their personality. Your life changes as the new family member settles in. Days pass, walks happen, interesting and unusual events occur and you rest at night knowing your beloved dog is watching over you. You hope that they are healthy, happy and your love grows for them like you never expected. Each time they approach you for a hug, scratch, to engage in play or show you something important, your love grows. Your heart keeps getting bigger, with every chewed up rug, towel, couch and car dash board. Some of us even miss the people your dog will not let visit and in-home dinner parties, your love continues to grow, more than you could imagine. Just when you are happy with the ride - it is time to say goodbye. You want this joyful relationship to go on forever - but it has to change. Somehow you find a way to go on - but it is without something that is very important to you. Days pass, you have cried a bucket of tears and suddenly a fuzzy paw taps you on the shoulder and says - hey I am still here. I have missed you, but I am still here. So you start to find moments of your new relationship. No hugs, no kisses, but warmth in the heart, new experiences your great noble one still thinks are important for you to experience. Reminders of who they were, both painful and joyful. The lessons and experience go on and so do you. In the heart resides a special love that never leaves.....one day a fuzzy face arrives to your home..........

Cheers,

OTM

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I've only just been told of this thread by Gotta.

I'm so sorry to hear of Oakley's passing, I know how hard it must be for you at this time. :champagne: Saint's are such wonderful companions and characters they leave big pawprints on ou hearts. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time, and I hope Zephyr is coping ok.

:laugh:

Cassie I too just saw this post.

Our thoughts are with you and if it is any consolation, we do know what you are going through right now.

Oakley is waiting for you with the best of them. And your video clip is superb, you are lucky to have it along with many wonderful memories.

Hugs,

Lesley and Frank

Cassie - I have only just seen this thread. I am so sorry to hear Oakley has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Without doubt he was one of my favourite dogs on DOL. I was looking at a post of your this morning elsewhere and marvelling at the change from that ball of fluff you first posted a picture off.

Thanks so much to everyone, not just for the posts here but the many many PM's I have received also :laugh: I apologise for not replying to each of you individually yet, but I hope to get there! Just takes time :D You have all been so kind and said such thoughtful things. The power of DOL really does make losing a loved one that teensy bit easier :D

I too have only just seen this sad news - I remember being excited for you while you told us about your long awaited saint puppy and all the wonderful photos you posted of him. He was still so young - it just goes to show how every moment we share with the ones we love is oh, so precious. You will always have the time you did spend together - I hope that makes you smile from time to time.

:)