Aaaargghhh!

Vickie

About 6 months ago, the motor driver? went in my camera, 5 weeks later I got it back, still under warranty & fixed.

Now it looks like the shutter has worn out. Apparently this happens after about 100 000 shots :laugh: . The guy I bought the camera off said that surely I hadn't taken that many photos. Yep, I reckon I have. :rofl: .

So now it'll have to go away again for about 10 days, not under warranty, and cost about $300.

I'm already having withdrawals at the thought of 10 whole days without it.

Oh you poor thing! :clap: I know how you feel not having a camera to take everyday pics with..you go CARAZY! :laugh: And they're sooo expensive to fix.

I got a secondhand EOS 300d in March (went halvies with me Mum) and it's already stuffed up! I don't know exactly what is wrong with it but I can't really use it the way it is. I have only taken less than 10,000 photos with it. :rofl: I'd like to upgrade anyway to a 400d or maybe a Nikon..

Anyway, hope your camera gets well soon and try not to stress to much, 10 days is VERY a long time for those who are addicted to photography ;)

That must be driving you crazy with no camera. Do what I did when I was without a camera and get those disposable ones. :rolleyes: I was desperate!! Just bear in mind that they take lousy photos. Hope you get through your withdrawal period okay.

10 days without all your lovely photo's!!! I don't think that I will cope.

One of the things that I look for on here is your pic's.

hehe might have to go for a drive and lend you my camera but you will have to dust it off first!!!!

:rofl: Thank you so much for understanding!

I haven't taken it in yet, will wait till after the weekend. It is still taking half the shots fine & the other half fail with a black section on the shot. So I guess I'll play & hope to get a few more shots if it ever stops raining.

Bbucket, I just had a look at your Flickr. WOW! you have so many awesome shots. Your dogs are gorgeous. Tobi reminds me a lot of my Trim in her expressions. You have a great talent for capturing personality & composing shots.

Frieda, last time my camera went in, I took my husbands little Pentax. It has lots of limitations, but I managed to get a few decent shots from it & at least it fed my obsession :rolleyes: .

Sezy, thank you, that is very nice of you to say. Re the camera lend...don't tempt me :rofl:

I have pretty much decided that I'm going to use the 10 days to sort out the 36 000 images I have on my computer. I have so many that I have never really looked at or loaded. And I am sure I can delete at least half of them.

:rofl: Thanks Ruth. Only someone as similarly addicted would offer :) .

The good news is I used it heaps on Saturday, with a few issues but not too bad. And then I used it all day yesterday & NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM! How weird is that? Not that I am complaining. I did the mirror lock thingy...I wonder if that helped?