Electrostatic Brushes

I had a client in kennels who swears by electrostatic brushes for taking care of blown coat (he has Akitas). He was a spiffy dresser wearing dark, spotless, uncreased taylored clothes, so I was inclined to believe his assessment. I went to find an electrostatic brush using google and got pretty confused.

Can anyone shed (no pun intended) any insight? What is an electrostatic brush? Do they work? Where do you get them?

I have an anti-stat brush from Plush Puppy and no it doesn't seem to make much difference. Is this what you mean?

Static electricity is often present when humidity levels are low, Chris Christensen have a product called After Bath which when used as a final rinse definitely helps to eliminate the flyaway coat associated with static electricity.

Or am I speaking about something totally different?

I purchased a large heavy yellow "ionic" plastic brush off ebay. i think it may have batteries in. was emant to get rid of fleas and do marvellous things.

Sillly silly me! (and, no, it didn't seem to do anything). Don't know if that is the same as electrostatic?

In that case....this one is electrostatic

http://shop.organize.com/1/1/1096-mini-swe...r-products.html

Looks great! One problem . . . form the site above . . .

We currently ship within the United States, Puerto Rico, and all APO & FPO addresses. Sorry, we do not currently ship to Canada or other countries. If we are shipping your order to Puerto Rico or an APO / FPO address or if you specifically request your package to be delivered by U.S. Mail, your order will be charged based on our U.S. . . .

I'll play with it and see if I can find a more local source.

The product is made by a small innovative company in Southern California. They don't have an organised mail order process. I wrote them a note asking about availability in Australia. We'll see.

Edited by sandgrubber

You use to be able to get something similar from Kmart. I had one until my little dear got to it. It was handy but I haven't gotten around to replacing it. I've just been using a soft rubber curry comb on the furniture that works quite well on collie hair at least.