Dry Food (kibble) Poll

Which is your preffered dry food?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Select the one brand used MOST in your house. Or the brand you've seen the best results from.

• Pedigree
    • Advance
    • Optimum
    • Eagle Pack
    • Natural Balance
    • Hill's Science Diet
    • Nutrience
    • Proplan
    • Nutro
    • Supercoat
    • Eukanuba
    • Iams
    • Royal Canin
    • Innova
    • Other

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Tried several, now on Royal Canin, preferred Nutrience as it was really good but my girl been putting a little weight on it so I tried RC. Surprisingly with RC she's toned up and the poo is so tiny. So now it's between these two and half barf.

Eagle pack holistic

Pro plan large breed for pups

I am a recent convert to Eagle Pack, (from Pro Plan) but due to a dog with allergies I had to find an alternative dry,

WOW Eagle pack is great. I can not belive the difference.

I voted Eagle Pack, but Gomez gets Eagle Pack Holistic - there is a difference, the holistic range has even better ingredients and does not use corn at all....

I did as well and Totally agree, My Boys didnt too well off Eagle Pack but thrive off Eagle Pack Holistic. Saying that I had a dog on Eagle Pack Adult Fat Reduced and she did fantastic!!

O and have tried over 50% on the list. :offtopic:

I use Eagle pack for my whippets, and am presently giving it to my rescue greyhound Ebony, but her coat is nowhere near as good as it looked on Coprice, then it was so shiny and silky, so I will be changing back to that for her.

Trish

My now 6 month old Cocker Spaniel puppy only sort of pecked at the Royal Canin Junior and so was a bit too thin for my liking. So I switched him to Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance at 12 weeks and he wolfed it down and bulked up wonderfully. But at 4 months he simply stopped eating it one day and looked at it as if it was just cardboard, so I switched back to Royal Canin Junior again. I put a bowl of each down and he eats the RC and ignores the NB. Even if the RC bowl is empty, he'll look at it when he's hungry and ignore the full NB bowl right next to it - the perfect scenario for a pet food commercial!

So I'm assuming either as he matured maybe his tastes/needs changed and he now much prefers the Royal Canin (maybe like with humans a lot of stuff tastes yuck to a kid but they prefer it as an adult). Or I got too big a bag of NB and it's simply gone stale before he got through it all. Lots of natural ingredients so that may make more sense. The RC bags are a lot smaller so I go through them quicker so they're constantly fresher.