'lump' Appears After Annual Shots

Hi

Has anyone else ever had this happen? Clancy had his c5 shot and check up on Tuesday am and on Friday (not before) there was a swelling in roughly the place where the shot went in, does not seem to hurt him and vet did a check on Saturday and said not too worry unless it gets bigger or is still there next week-end.....

Has this happened to anyone else?

Annie and her boyz

Yes I have had this a couple of times over the years when I used to give C5's.........very nasty reaction, and hardly something to fob off....such lumps in cats after injection often lead to sarcoma, and hence the reason many Cats are injected in the legs these days in teh USA, so that the leg can be amputated if need be. Mine took weeks to disappear :rofl:

Your dog has experienced an adverse reaction, and it needs to be reported via the correct channels, and not excused as "normal" by Vets.........All these things are never reported and that is why Australia is still in the dark ages giving unneccessary annual shots to every animal they can get their hands on, despite all the experts, and studies that show just how harmful they are!

:rofl:

Annie, please don't be too concerned about this.

Ruby had a similar reaction one year to her C5 shot. There has been nothing sinister since then. Some dogs are just a little more sensitive at times - Ruby is an allergic dog too (and was well before we adopted her).

Lilly also had a lump form after a C5 shot one year...I think it might have been the year we adopted her as it was the only time she developed this lump. It *was* the same vet and I think same year so it *might* have been technique or perhaps something slightly different in the vaccine itself.

Adverse reactions should indeed be reported. IF you feel strongly about this, then request your vet does just that, but IMO it's nothing more than a very minor response to an injection. :rofl:

Yes, I've noticed this too. First with old avatar boy and then again with the two in my signature.

Apparently it's quite common, but it is a shock to see your dog looking like a cross between the hunchback of Notre Dam, a hyena and a one humped camel :rofl: It took about two weeks to completely disappear on my 16 week old pups when they had their final vacc.

EFS

Edited by benny123

Thanks all - I have been back to vet and am watching it carefully and doing some Reiki on it except with the hot humid weather Clancy is not enjoying the Reiki much.

If it has not made a real improvement by week-end will take him back to Vet I think, my vet is not charging either.

Annie and her boyz