My First Home Bred Baby

Ittybitty_

He wasnt a show dog for long, as he grew and grew :mad But he was a beautiful boy.

He was born into our lives March 31 - 1996, I was 11 years old, so we grew together. I surprised many, when I put him through Obedience, he was up past my waist. But we learnt together. And we even won a lovely rosette :mad

Old Lucky had to be PTS this morning when a Tumor in his stomach burst, it was the kindest thing for him :thumbsup:

He was the most gentle old dog, here he is only last week, sharing his bed with my tiny Polly Pocket :eek:

post-2093-1197332837_thumb.jpg

It never gets easier saying goodbye to the kids ;)

He will be missed.. I woke up this morning and couldnt find him. Mum told me he was PTS last night around 10:30pm.. I was at work :laugh: & Didnt get to say goodbye.

a Sarcoma Tumor in his stomach burst. He never showed signs of illness before. General old dog things, deaf & grey.. But nothing like that. He lost a lot of weight a few years ago, but we got most of it back on him.

We could have rushed him off to get it operated on, but he was in so much pain & its not the sort of operation we would have put him through anyway.

eta - he was a huge boy... stood 78cm at the wither :( He could rest his head comfortably on our kitchen table :)

Edited by Roxiekda

I think the nice thing is that your family still kept him anyway Rox. He must have been a special family member.

Well, I was 11 when I was showing him, and he was massive against me. He liked to grumble at the judges :dropjaw: never anything serious, but because I was so little handling him, no one would help me get him over it. So he just hung around as the family horse. God love him.