Protexin

kim21

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone with some experience in using protexin couold tell me what form they buy it in or if it matters? I know it comes in liquid, powder and soluble powder but I didn't know which one to go for? Any advise would be great!!!

post-21720-1197352137_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone with some experience in using protexin couold tell me what form they buy it in or if it matters? I know it comes in liquid, powder and soluble powder but I didn't know which one to go for? Any advise would be great!!!

I use Protexin powder and sprinkle it on Riley's food once a day, Riley has the one with the green label. He was on the soluble which i still just sprinkled on his food and he now has the lower dose which is cheaper.

I buy this from vet-n-pet direct.com.au (cheapest place to buy it)

It is fantastic stuff.

Hope this helps,

springdog

Dogs need Protexin (which is an acidophilus sort of mixture havent used it for awhile) if they have sensitive or upset stomachs, or are on medication namely Clavulox etc, same in humans if we are on penicillan we are supposed to eat yogurt or have Yakult to keep our stomach happy as the medication strips all the good bacteria out of your digestive system

I desperately needed Protexin (in any form) 2wks ago when my sick 2wk old pup was on Amoxyclav and none of my dumbar$e vets had it, i used the soluble powder last time i think ill buy the liquid before my next litters due so it can be easily added to their milk if needed

Dogs need Protexin (which is an acidophilus sort of mixture havent used it for awhile) if they have sensitive or upset stomachs, or are on medication namely Clavulox etc, same in humans if we are on penicillan we are supposed to eat yogurt or have Yakult to keep our stomach happy as the medication strips all the good bacteria out of your digestive system

I desperately needed Protexin (in any form) 2wks ago when my sick 2wk old pup was on Amoxyclav and none of my dumbar$e vets had it, i used the soluble powder last time i think ill buy the liquid before my next litters due so it can be easily added to their milk if needed

where can you get it?

We order through Pets on the Park they sell almost everything and their postage is lightening fast. Pay with credit card or direct debit. You could always get your vet or local Petstock/Petbarn or your stockfeeds to order it in for you

Edited to say Protexin is under the Probiotics link

Edited by Bulldust

Thanks for that bulldust! :laugh:

Please be aware that Protexin cannot be used with certain medications.

There is a list on the label, best to check this before giving with some anitbiotics.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this really good? I haven't heard of it before? Is is like a yoghurt suppliment for dogs? Do vets recommend it? Are there any problems with it? Sorry about the firing line of questions.

Protexin is fantastic and my vet recommended it for Riley, Riley has to have a low fat diet due to problems from having bowel surgery, he is very prone to loose motions and he has protexin everyday. He has been on protexin for 12 months and will stay on it. His bowels are working just great and i wouldnt be without it. Riley has had no problems with protexin and i swear by it.

It is also great for times of stress, upset tummies, loose bowels, after antibiotic treatment for establish the correct balance in the gut, in short it keeps the gut really healthy. It can be used on puppies through to adults, its great stuff. :)

I would not use yoghurt as it is milk based and therefore has lactose it in which animals cannot tolerate.