" Take The Guess-work Out Tour " Victoria

Erny

The dog I wanted to bring is the total opposite! Very well behaved but super soft. And rather lacking in prey drive, well he isn't with real prey but isn't into toys. Even the mildest vocal correction has him on the floor.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K9: As I said, any dog you like, I would love to see wildy high drive hyper dogs when talking about training in drive, they make the best demos...

That's why I want to bring Kiz - she's absolutly MAD and has a really high drive - balls, tugs, me moving, chicken, cheese (anythings good in her books), she use to be an absolute skitz in agility but have learnt how to use that hyper to my advantage, been a long process and learning curve. Still haven't worked out how to do it with obedience. I think my brain has gone on strike :)

Looking forward to it (but not the 3 hr trip down though).

K9: well I will be travelling further! lol, Cant wait to see your dog!

PLACES ARE FILLING FAST

The dog I wanted to bring is the total opposite! Very well behaved but super soft. And rather lacking in prey drive, well he isn't with real prey but isn't into toys. Even the mildest vocal correction has him on the floor.

K9: Why we named it the "take the guesswork out tour" is that we want to be able to teach the "concepts" that cover just about any temperament dog....

J: Actually I'd like to know if bringing one with issues would be a problem :) I'm considering bringing mine, but if he's just going to be a basket case all day because there's other dogs there it won't be very productive. But since I want to attend the Sunday seminar he could most definitely be used to demonstrate stuff.

K9: when it comes to bringing a dog, some who have attended more tha one have felt that sometimes they prefer to learn without the dog there, less distracting, others like to have the dog there, not many places you can actually take your dog these days & we also may work that dog..

We may not work every dog there, there are many variables such as how many dogs, how many questions etc etc, but we will try & give a good coverage..

You could bring your dog & if i is crate trained bring the crate. Not sure what you mean by basket case, but the crate can help an anxious dog through the day...

Ahh sorry, by basket case I mean he can just get a bit worked up and anxious if he's trying really hard not to get upset by other dogs. He can hold it in for a while, but the anxiety just ends up building until he can't handle it any longer. I avoid these situations any time I can, but there are times when it's hard (ie. vet waiting room).

He is very well behaved in general and would make a good example dog though, I guess it really depends on how many dogs are there and how close they'll be. He's not crate trained at the moment, but I've always intended to do it as soon as we get a crate so this will be a good motivator to get off my arse and do it :( That could definitely help ease any anxiety brought on by other dogs.

Ahh sorry, by basket case I mean he can just get a bit worked up and anxious if he's trying really hard not to get upset by other dogs. He can hold it in for a while, but the anxiety just ends up building until he can't handle it any longer. I avoid these situations any time I can, but there are times when it's hard (ie. vet waiting room).

K9: might be a great dog for a demo... If you do bring him along, come see me when you arrive & I will remember you when doggy time comes up...

He is very well behaved in general and would make a good example dog though, I guess it really depends on how many dogs are there and how close they'll be. He's not crate trained at the moment, but I've always intended to do it as soon as we get a crate so this will be a good motivator to get off my arse and do it :( That could definitely help ease any anxiety brought on by other dogs.

K9: cool, Judi nor I will have an environment that will over stress him..

If you want to crate train him, & your purchasing a 3 day event ticket, I will send yo my crate training program free... :)

If you want to crate train him, & your purchasing a 3 day event ticket, I will send yo my crate training program free... :)

Sadly finances are only going to (just) cover Sunday + a private consult (if we get in), but I appreciate the offer anyway!

K9: In that case I will send it to you anyway...

Have you sent in the request for one ticket? if you have just email me direct & I will send you the prog..

Did you read in the email one person buying a 3 day event ticket will be winning a private consult?

This will be drawn when all 3 day event tickets are sold out, which by the look of bokings wont be long.

For those who have a long drive and would prefer to stay down for the weekend, I've sourced out the following "dog friendly" Motel which is close by (10 minute drive) to the Event Venue :

The Fourth Furlong

Motel

1449 South Gippsland Highway

Cranbourne 3977

Telephone : (03) 5996 7500

They don't allow dogs in the rooms, but they inform me they have about 5 dog-runs/pens as well as a few "trailer parks" (if anyone was bringing one down).

You'll need to make your own enquiries to ensure that the facilities are suitable for you and your dog and for further information, if you need a place to stay. Link to their web-site is below. I'm informed they are having web-site difficulties which are being worked on today, but it seems to be working at the moment.

Fourth Furlong Motel

Edited by Erny

yaaaa.... i am in :happydance2: Tya the dingo and Cooper the Aussie, and me :happydance: will be looking forward to meeting you all..... just need to work out where i am satying now :happydance2:

does any one know of any other places, b&bs or cottages or even camp sites where dogs are aloud????

my problem is my boys need to be with me, they need to be aloud inside, Tya would not be inpressed made to stay out side :happydance2:

yaaaa.... i am in :happydance2: Tya the dingo and Cooper the Aussie, and me :happydance2: will be looking forward to meeting you all..... just need to work out where i am satying now :happydance2:

I've done a bit more searching for you wagalot ..... but no luck so far (apart from what I posted above). I actually put this to the "General Forum" a few weeks ago to see if anyone else knew of dog friendly places (let alone being allowed in the rooms) and not one response. I think they are few and far between, unfortunately.

Have you tried googling "caravan parks" and perhaps doing a bit of a ring around to see if any one of them would allow?

does any one know of any other places, b&bs or cottages or even camp sites where dogs are aloud????

my problem is my boys need to be with me, they need to be aloud inside, Tya would not be inpressed made to stay out side :happydance2:

I asked the same question.This is from JayGee from my thread about the Pawman, sounds like it might help you.........................................................

...................................RottyLover, we did the trip in one straight drive, stopping every few hours to give Jeddah a break and we'd have a cuppa, probably took us roughly around 12 hours, that included a slightly longer break at Singleton for dinner.

We stayed Madison's Mountain Retreat at Kurrajong, which is about five minutes from Steve. Great self-contained cabins and dog friendly. They do an enormous breakfast basket, and yes, the fireplace was wonderful. We saw Steve in late July, so it was pretty cold with our arrival being quite late at night, they had the fire already stoked and the cabin quite toasty on arrival. Enjoyed our stay so much, that I'm about to rebook for another stay in February for my niece's wedding!

We drove down on the Thursday, did a session with Steve on Friday and Saturday, relaxed on the Sunday and headed back to Brisbane on the Monday. Pretty easy trip, and defintely of great benefit to Jeddah. You won't regret it.

RL: I asked the same question.This is from JayGee from my thread about the Pawman, sounds like it might help you.........................................................

...................................RottyLover, we did the trip in one straight drive, stopping every few hours to give Jeddah a break and we'd have a cuppa, probably took us roughly around 12 hours, that included a slightly longer break at Singleton for dinner.

We stayed Madison's Mountain Retreat at Kurrajong, which is about five minutes from Steve. Great self-contained cabins and dog friendly. They do an enormous breakfast basket, and yes, the fireplace was wonderful. We saw Steve in late July, so it was pretty cold with our arrival being quite late at night, they had the fire already stoked and the cabin quite toasty on arrival. Enjoyed our stay so much, that I'm about to rebook for another stay in February for my niece's wedding!

We drove down on the Thursday, did a session with Steve on Friday and Saturday, relaxed on the Sunday and headed back to Brisbane on the Monday. Pretty easy trip, and defintely of great benefit to Jeddah. You won't regret it.

K9: These guys are looking for accomodation in Victoria, not near me RL..