Glucosamine Tablets For Hip Dysplasia

4ngi3

Hi,

My American Bulldog, Nelson was diagnosed with hip dysplasia when he was 11 months. We have been taking him swimming to keep his muscles in his legs strong as we weren't able to afford the hip surgery when he was diagnosed.

I used to buy Glycoflex III from a USA online company but now there are some problems with these tablets getting thru Australian customs. Can anyone please recommend something that can be bought online or in Australia that has no probs with customs here that is just as good. I researched a lot of tablets when Nelson was diagnosed and Glycoflex was the best at the time.

Now I'm down to my last bottle of Glycoflex and need to get some more glucosamine, chrondotin tablets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I have tried most of the products available and the best I have found is Joint Guard. If you go to the top of the page here you will see under the advertisements "View all Advertisers" The Joint Guard info will come up for you.

The best price for this product is at http://www.greyhoundproductsdirect.com.au

Yep second that - and it has active ingredients you are looking for and is specially formulated for dogs (odourless and well-absorbed).

Can't recommend it or greyhound products direct highly enough.

Cheers,

Westiemum :)

wow wasn't expecting such quick replies!

Just checking out joint guard.. my AB is 45kg, how long will 400g of Joint Guard last him? I'm thinking perhaps I should buy bulk

Edited by 4ngi3

ESTER C TABLETS

NOT vit c, ESTER C from the health food shop

Sorry, slightly OT, but Cavandra, I have been using EsterC but have since stopped since I am now using Joint Guard as it says it has Vit C in it - should I use the Ester C as well as the Joint Guard do you think?

I do have great faith in the Ester C and put down my dogs super fast healing after cruciate ligament surgery to the supplements I was using, specifically Ester C.

:)

Sorry, slightly OT, but Cavandra, I have been using EsterC but have since stopped since I am now using Joint Guard as it says it has Vit C in it - should I use the Ester C as well as the Joint Guard do you think?

Sorry, I'm not Cavandra, she doesn't seem to have been back online so I'll answer the question.

I use both Ester C and Joint Guard on my big dogs with no problems at all. Have been using both products together for at least a year.