8 Week Whippet Puppy With Really Bad Diarrhea Dunno What To Do?

The supermarket brand .. lesson learned the vet told me once she's better on chicken and rice to slowly introduce it back into her diet.. my other puppy hasn't had any problems with the change . i use advance for my big whippet and greyhound is that crap too?

I had my greyhound and whippet both on advance through the vital puppy and growth periods and I really liked it and felt it worked well for them. Before I settled on advance I tried science diet and RC, the whippet wouldn't eat either. She went off Eukanuba after a couple of weeks, which I was told was common by the lady at the food shop because it is a bit oily. I also really really liked pro plan, the advance was just better value for money for us.

If they are doing well on advance then stick to it - as people say the best food for your dog is the one the dog does best on.

Glad to hear that your pup is ok.

Just keep a close eye on both pups as other people have previously said, a young pup can go down hill very quickly. Any sign of dehydration, continued diahorrea and any listlessness or anything and get straight back to your vet.

Young pups (and adult dogs for that matter as well) can be quite sensitive to the change in their diets and its always a good idea to change their diet slowly. My greyhound pup was also being fed on Pal when I first bought her home and we slowly changed over to Advance which worked well. I also tried Supercoat, Science Diet and Optimum puppy and she did best on the Advance and Optimum. I've now got her on Bonnie Working Dog and she is doing brilliantly on it (she's 2 now) and it works out well because I also feed one of my other dogs on it as well. As Lozzie said though the best food that you can feed your dogs is the one that your dogs do best on. All dogs are different and so what works for one dog won't necessarily work for another.