Raw Puppy Mince

I am in melbourne and am wanting to know if anyone knows where to get good quality raw puppy mince that doesnt have any preservatives in it. I get it from 4 paws and more at the moment however their meat lasts 1 month so am assuming they have quite a few preservatives.

Thanks!

Not sure which suburb you are in, but I go to Barking Mad Pet Supplies in Thornbury.

Not sure about preservatives but a cooked 2kg batch in my fridge lasts approx 2 weeks before starting to smell, by then

it's almost all eaten any way.

You can get mince with some bones or very fine minced.

They are reasonably priced tooo.

BB

Not sure which suburb you are in, but I go to Barking Mad Pet Supplies in Thornbury.

Not sure about preservatives but a cooked 2kg batch in my fridge lasts approx 2 weeks before starting to smell, by then

it's almost all eaten any way.

You can get mince with some bones or very fine minced.

They are reasonably priced tooo.

BB

Thanks BB but im after raw mince not cooked!

Thanks anyway!

ps im in East Keilor

Edited by Collie_lover

I always feed my puppies raw human grade mince, you can be sure it is fresher than pet mince with no rubbish in it. After they are a bit older I gradually put them on raw pet mince. It is a bit more expensive, but worth it with young puppies. Mine all did well on the human grade mince and I had with no tummy upsets etc and when I switched over to pet mince gradually, they didn't have any problems.

I am in Narre Warren, so not exactly round the corner from you, but I get minced Lamb flaps, ox cheek and Chicken frames for the pups from Berwick. They mince it as it is ordered -usually 1 day notice and no nasties are in it. I get it in 10 or 20 kg lots and freeze them in 1 kg tubs.

I too feed my Collie Human Grade premium mince that has no perservative in it.

My butcher makes it up fresh for me before anything else goes in the mincer and I get enought to freeze for 2 weeks.He does a special price for me too, most butchers will.

Previously I have fed pet quality mince but years ago we had one dog get food poisoning so IMHO I would rather pay a few extra $$ and feed human grade that has No preservatives

Edited by InspectorRex