Doggrooma - In Here!

Is there an EPO conditioner to be used in conjunction with the shampoo?

Peigirl I'm not very familiar with the conditioners as Lynda didn't recommend any for me - maybe down the track - but I see there is an EPO conditioning spray in two strengths on the website and a couple of other types of conditioner... maybe you could ring Lynda... or Wylie are you around...? Can you help?

Cheers,

Westiemum :confused:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pleasure FTPO - so many DOLers have been so helpful to me I like to return the favour when I can - but feel I get more out of this site than a newbie like me can give back!! I think this is working with me because I spoke to Lynda first, described the symptoms really carefully and then followed her recommendations to the letter - so its good that you are going to talk to her first. So I hope it helps your baby too - its really distressing to see them so itchy and red.

Will you let us know how you get on?

Best,

Westiemum :laugh:

I know what you mean exactly - if I can possibly help someone I will always try, as this site and all the people that contribute has been so great to Benson and I! Thank you dolers!!! :confused:

Will let you know what happens - even if it is a week or two away from today! PROMISE :laugh:

Suz

Pei girl

There is actually an EPO spray that should be used in conjunction with the shampoo.

Please ring Lynda and talk to her as to her best advice as to what may assist you in solving some of the issues.

You wouldn't happen to have any before & after photos would you?

This is Dante... We've tried so much, Western & Herbal, right now on a Blood Cleanser.

When did you start the Blood Cleanser? Do you see any improvement?

You wouldn't happen to have any before & after photos would you?

This is Dante... We've tried so much, Western & Herbal, right now on a Blood Cleanser.

When did you start the Blood Cleanser? Do you see any improvement?

We're only a week into it, apprantly need to wait 3 weeks. So far so good, muzzle has been the first improvement.

Well Ive just ordered some - from the posts from everyone seems to be a great thing for itchy puppies and allaround

Hi Doggrooma,

A few weeks/months ago you gave me some advice on using Evening Primrose Oil Shampoo (vet grade) for my foster westie... well I bought the shampoo and the food supplement from here after extensive discussions with the sites owner (who was soooo helpful) and I cannot believe what a difference its made to him (and to my itchy paws Westie girl).

The stuff is fantastic - in fact I'm thinking of using it myself :(:( - its the loveliest shampoo apart from being really effective and doesn't have any nasties!!! Will be using it long term from here on in...

Thanks tons - very kind fo you to respond.

Cheers,

Westiemum :p

Hey WM - received the EP shampoo on Friday and started treatment on Sunday - so I will let you know how we go! *cross fingers and touching wood this works*

Have you seen any improvement today or is it too early to tell?

Where can you order this shampoo?

Go back to the first post - WM has underlined in capslock HERE! that is the site.

Thus far tonight - little itching, but the dag rolled in a blocked drain at the park so I had to apply baby powder to the wet area's to to try to dry it out and clean at the same time - hopefully this doesn't stuff things up. Oh well at least he get's his next bath on Thursday arvo. Will keep you posted! :laugh:

Hi FTPO,

Sorry I haven't been back to to the thread for a few days - frantic here with all this bathing going on!! Four baths per week and a foot bath!! And that's not even including me!! :rofl: :rofl: Will be very interested to hear how you get on. My guys are going great guns so I hope it helps you too - but I suspect that it will take a week or two at least to start seeing results... maybe.... with the foster it (supplement and shampoo) suddenly seemed to start having an effect after about ten days...

Hope some others will let us know too - might be really interesting! Stormie I think you're right - a subforum for red itchy dogs might be a good idea seeing how many threads there are on it!!

Best,

Westiemum :rofl:

Ed cos I forgot to finish a sentence :laugh:

Hey WM - received the EP shampoo on Friday and started treatment on Sunday - so I will let you know how we go! *cross fingers and touching wood this works*
Edited by westiemum

FTPO

I would have made up a mix of the EPO and water in a spray bottle and washed him in that again and then dried him off with your hair dryer.

Some baby powders have perfume added and some dogs can actually be sensitive to that.

FTPO

I would have made up a mix of the EPO and water in a spray bottle and washed him in that again and then dried him off with your hair dryer.

Some baby powders have perfume added and some dogs can actually be sensitive to that.

I will do that next time thank you Wylie - need to get onto the council to get that drain unblocked!

Thank you WM - I suspect that I will not see real results for a few weeks either but I am hopeful!

Interesting stuf - little Mighty Mouse from HP is a constant licker/scratcher and his legs and paws seem red and hot all the time. I might enquire about some products for him

Would also be interested in how effective it was for Henry....

Sas is that the McDowell Blood Cleanser - that stuff is fantastic!!!!

OK my order of EP arrived today - thanks Lynda :-) and all I can tell you is that after the first wash OH border collie has no dark pink/red nasty looking skin underneath. Currently he is still under the dryer (making sure he is completely dry) I should have taken before and after shots. He wasnt itchy red raw type coloured skin but definately on the darker side of pink not quite red. Waiting to see how it all goes with the 2nd bath in 4 days.