Doggrooma - In Here!

Hi Laffi,

Yes he is still on the vet grade EPO shampoo (condition of his adoption!! :laugh: :laugh: ) but not the food supplement. He completed one bottle of that only. He's on a raw/barf diet as far as I know.

Cheers,

Westiemum :rofl:

:rofl: thanks for letting me know :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW what an awesome thread

I have a 12 mo black and white whippet who has developed a red/itchy/raw/weepy chest mainly but also front paws and neck. We feel more miserable than I think she does, she doesn't itch a lot but it looks awful. I am a doctor and know far too much about steriods and would rather not use them, have tried some aloevera gel but hasn't changed much. Am currently blaming the grass cause she lays outside alot but could also blame the washing detergent as we have washed her bedding occasionally when fleas take over or littlel sister (5mo brindle particolour) has an accident.

Thinking this stuff sounds good, might have to give it a go. OH wants to take her to the vet, I am not keen. She also suffers mucky eyes which may be her diet, RC + raw, in the process of swapping to raw/BARF

Hi Neats.

Welcome to DOL. I've got so much wonderful advice and information from many generous DOLers in the couple of years I've been here - and I'm sure my westies are far better for it. The wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum is really quite mind-blowing. And this thread I think is a great example of it - the right products and routine (which was a really important factor as well) coupled with the right diet have made a huge difference to my dogs. :thumbsup:

The EPO products are marvellous :cheer: - I've heard of people with psoriasis on their hands improving immensely through bathing their dogs with this stuff - but I have absolutely no doubt a good diet plays a significant part as well. I'm an absolute raw/barf with elements of prey diet advocate - no commercial dog food whatsoever - and I really dislike feeding our dogs what I think is 'convenient rubbish'. Another DOLer once said to me feeding commercial dog food is like feeding your kids McDonalds every day (sorry I can't remember who) - so I never do it. I save a fortune in vet bills (mine haven't been for over 12 months) and once in a routine, I spend a little more time each evening feeding my guys good food - barf patties, veggies, chicken necks, raw meaty bones, yoghurt, offal, chicken frames, lamb flaps, cheap chewy meat. And they're thriving. :(

Having said all that - each to their own. But I think red itchy dogs might really benefit from trying these types of regimes - and talking to Lynda from Groomers really helped as well to make sure I got the right products and routine - but as I said early in thread - it really is a bit of 'trial and error' and 'horses for courses'.

Cheers,

Westiemum :cheer:

WOW what an awesome thread

I have a 12 mo black and white whippet who has developed a red/itchy/raw/weepy chest mainly but also front paws and neck. We feel more miserable than I think she does, she doesn't itch a lot but it looks awful. I am a doctor and know far too much about steriods and would rather not use them, have tried some aloevera gel but hasn't changed much. Am currently blaming the grass cause she lays outside alot but could also blame the washing detergent as we have washed her bedding occasionally when fleas take over or littlel sister (5mo brindle particolour) has an accident.

Thinking this stuff sounds good, might have to give it a go. OH wants to take her to the vet, I am not keen. She also suffers mucky eyes which may be her diet, RC + raw, in the process of swapping to raw/BARF