Doggrooma - In Here!

I am going to get some for Zephyr too

Since we moved to the Central Coast his allergies have flared up

I have been using the McDowell Blood Cleanser and it is helping his back and legs, but his feet, armpits and stomach are still red and itchy

Off to order some

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if its a CC thing cos thats where I am too

I am going to get some for Zephyr too

Since we moved to the Central Coast his allergies have flared up

I have been using the McDowell Blood Cleanser and it is helping his back and legs, but his feet, armpits and stomach are still red and itchy

Off to order some

Just wondering how others going?? Its been almost a month here since I started on the routine shampooing and supplement (for the foster boy) routine...

The double wash, twice weekly routine is almost killing me but gee its worth it as it seems to helping heaps!! Particularly the foster boy who's coat is almost soft!! Can't believe the difference!! I think I'll be using this stuff long-term. :laugh:

Hope others are having some success.

Cheers,

Westiemum :rofl:

Congratulations Westiemum and Catmother on your results so far.

Lynda is amazed at all the phone calls and emails she is getting and I am glad i will be able to report back to her on your results so far.

Just remember when you have cleared everything up you can go back to weekly washing, if you get a break out again then back to the twice weekly washing.

Enjoy it cos they are wonderful products.

... at www.groomersproducts.com.au -

Thanks for posting this site. I buy some of those products but have to buy them from all different places, so it's fab that they can be my new one stop shop! Competitive prices too :laugh:

Yeah no problem Dru - I'm such a DOL amateur and don't always get it right - but when I find something helpful I like to share and give something back - whether its cheap Jointguard and great advice and service or EPO shampoo and great advice and service.

I know what you mean about a one stop shop - I now have only two websites I'm loyal to for doggie stuff :rofl: - and in return I get great advice and service - its soooo nice not to have to hunt around for every last little thing.

Greyhound Products Direct - Trent will get stuff in for you if he doesn't list it and his service, advice and prices are great.

And you know all about Lynda and Groomers Products...

Peibe will be really interested to see how you get on....

Catsmother the skin problems, scratching, itchy, red or allergic dog forum is a good idea to gather together all these itchy dog threads... there seem to be a lot of them lately... thoughts Troy???

BTW, is it my imagination, or are more and more people having trouble with scratching, itchy red and/or allergic dogs?? If so, anyone got any ideas why??? Is it just seasonal or is something else going on???

Cheers

Westiemum :eek:

Peibe, I forgot to mention - watch out - this is seriously lovely shampoo - so much so you'll have trouble resisting using it yourself!!! :rofl::eek: And doesn't quite make bathing a pleasure but at least its more bearable!! The pooches really are extra spoilt!! And my guys coats are really lovely apart from all the other soothing effects...

Cheers

Westiemum :D

I have ordered and paid for mine and cannot wait until I recieve it in the mail

Will let you know how it goes

Actually Westiemum

A lot of people buy the Epo shampoo for psoriasis and other scalp problems. So dont laugh.

And the Epo cream is brilliant for eczma and psoriasis as well. Even dry and chapped hands.

Love the stuff and the smell too

:rofl::eek: Thanks Wylie!! Might have to try it myself then, even though I don't have scalp problems!!! Volume is what I need!!! :D :) And its sooooo much cheaper than the salon shampoo I use too!!! So will be great having all family members using the same shampoo!!! ;) :)

Cheers,

Westiemum :o

Actually Westiemum

A lot of people buy the Epo shampoo for psoriasis and other scalp problems. So dont laugh.

And the Epo cream is brilliant for eczma and psoriasis as well. Even dry and chapped hands.

Love the stuff and the smell too

Ok just wanted to see how everyone else is going!?!?

The orange tinge between Benson's hind legs is disappearing (4 weeks of washing him every 4 day with EPO) - but I think we now have fleas as well so have changed him to Sentiel Spectrum as of this morning and capstar - plus sprayed the entire yard on the weekend with KO tablets to stop the breeding cycle.

I have just finished reading this whole thread. I am going to get some EPO for my Wire Haired boy. He gets red, itchy skin too. We had a break for a while and now I have taken in a foster (after months of not fostering 'coz my lad does get his nose put out :) ), and here we are again with the red, itchies happening again. I think it is stress, but it can't hurt to try the EPO.

Hi All

For those that read this thread and are in Melbourne.

Lynda and Archie and there wonderful Groomers products will be at the Pet Expo this weekend. They will have a stand there so look out for them and make sure you say hello.

BTW, is it my imagination, or are more and more people having trouble with scratching, itchy red and/or allergic dogs?? If so, anyone got any ideas why??? Is it just seasonal or is something else going on???

I am wondering this, too.

Our dog Jack has never had allergy problems and has gone from having slightly pink feet (noticed by the vet a couple of days ago) to scratching a lot last night.

I'm sure it's a contact allergy, as it's his belly and the backs of his legs that he's scratching; not his back, neck or sides.

With all the rain the east coast has finally had since before Christmas, maybe the grass seeds have gone into overdrive? OH mowed the lawn on Saturday and Jack's itching started soon thereafter.

I've bookmarked the Groomers Products site :o

Hi LLD

Groomers products are brilliant for double coated dogs.

I use it on my Border Collies and Australian Shepherds. I use Royal Jelly on the show dogs for coat growth.

EPO is only used on the itchy dogs.

And I use there Raindrops Salon Range for those dogs that are just hanging around LOL.

The reason that you need to thoroughly dry the dogs after shampooing is that you are actually forcing either the EPO or Royal Jelly into the Hair shaft. So with the shampoo you are working from the outside.

If you choose to use the Food Supplement you are also working from the inside.

Both shampoos have followers in Akita's, Sibes, Aussies, Borders, Collie Roughs, Shelties etc all double coated breeds.