Doggrooma - In Here!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winterpaws

I have spoken to Lynda and either she or Archie will get on to you ASAP. She had tried to ring you.

They are now waiting for new stock to arrive as they are nearly out of EPO!! And Crufts is next week and the shampoo is made to order for them so it is as fresh as possible when it gets here. No old stock for us Aussies.

For those of you with Psoriasis or Exczma there is an EPO Cream that you can get as well. Smells a bit Lavendery. I use it on the occassional hot spot on a dog to help healing. But i also use it on me for my strange spots. LOL

Keep up all the good work guys.

Visited Lynda and Archie this morning and picked up some EPO shampoo and some Banana & Mango shampoo. I love their little tribe of fur kids.

Washed my itchie pug boy in the EPO and blow dryed him. Suprisingly he seemed to enjoy the hairdryer. :laugh:

Washed my normal skinned girl puggy and holidaying boy puggy in the Banana & Mango shampoo and they smell so yummy.

I bath my pugs and any rescues/holidaying pugs once a week. They sleep in my bed so if the didn't get thier weekly bath I couldn't cope.

Edited by puggy_puggy

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while - madness here! Everything continues to go well in the Westiemum household. Frequency of Westie Girl's paw licking has decreased substantially - in fact I think the residual licking is more a bit of habit than anything else cos the moment I 'chat' her about it she stops... same with older westie boy... and his skin, coat and paws are perfect.

Foster westie has gone on to his sensational new foster mum who has kept up his routine with the twice weekly washing and the supplement. (Despite training he just couldn't be trusted with my gorgeous old pussy cat... so after almost 2 months of trying he has moved on...)

Saw him a week or so ago and he looked sensational!! His coat has improved out of all sight, the discolouration has decreased incredibly, his skin is good, and he's a right regular gorgeous goof-ball! New foster mum is amazed at the shampoo and supplement... which of course will go with him on trial to his new family tonight (?)... so everyone please keep your paws crossed that this one works out for him... (the last one failed after he got on famously with a 1 year old westie but he wouldn't leave their very elderly maltese/shih tzhu alone...).

Anyway I have no doubt their good diet helps a lot too - but I still swear by the shampoo and supplement... will be putting in a new order at the end of next month...

Catsmother, FTPO, Loraine, Peigirl... others... how are you doing???

Cheers,

Westiemum :laugh:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while - madness here! Everything continues to go well in the Westiemum household. Frequency of Westie Girl's paw licking has decreased substantially - in fact I think the residual licking is more a bit of habit than anything else cos the moment I 'chat' her about it she stops... same with older westie boy... and his skin, coat and paws are perfect.

Foster westie has gone on to his sensational new foster mum who has kept up his routine with the twice weekly washing and the supplement. (Despite training he just couldn't be trusted with my gorgeous old pussy cat... so after almost 2 months of trying he has moved on...)

Saw him a week or so ago and he looked sensational!! His coat has improved out of all sight, the discolouration has decreased incredibly, his skin is good, and he's a right regular gorgeous goof-ball! New foster mum is amazed at the shampoo and supplement... which of course will go with him on trial to his new family tonight (?)... so everyone please keep your paws crossed that this one works out for him... (the last one failed after he got on famously with a 1 year old westie but he wouldn't leave their very elderly maltese/shih tzhu alone...).

Anyway I have no doubt their good diet helps a lot too - but I still swear by the shampoo and supplement... will be putting in a new order at the end of next month...

Cheers,

Westiemum :D

That is fantastic WestieMum, So far Zedley has a vet grade bath, then a normal grade bath (he is due for another bath, but time is a problem at the moment) his skin is less pink, hair is lovely and not greasy any more, no more itchy bumps. This is fantasic stuff as it also is helping my psoriasis on the hands :D

Hi Xiarose,

I gently suggest you (re) read the thread - particularly the parts around Lynda and Archie being innundated, running out of products and attending shows - and then I suggest you email her with some details about your problem and a landline... hope that helps.

Cheers,

Westiemum :D

Hi Westiemum

We are all doing fabulously! Am nearly out of EPO shampoo so am going to order the 5 litre for the pups. I use it on the sheperd aswell. It does seem to be a reaction for the BC as whenever he is wet from rain or fresh cut grass he gets a slight rash but the shampoo is keeping it all under control. His coat is coming back and he looks fab. Have decided not to change the shampoo to Royal Jelly (will use this on persians only) but keep them both on EPO. Only on weekly baths now with a spray of conditioner in the middle of the week. Have attached a pic of them after their hydrobath this morning.

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Cheers,

Westiemum :thumbsup:

Forgot to say (or maybe I did before if so sorry) but my OH has a reaction from a white tail spider bite going back over ten years. After trying EPO on dogs I suggested he take EPO human capsules, well he didnt want to do that so we break them open and put onto the back of his skull where the sores are and rub in every night, he also uses the dogs EPO shampoo and the difference is amazing not completely gone but so much better and not as itchy...this after yearws of trying everyting possible including visits to drs!

Catsmother

They look so gorgeous and clean!! Your BC's whites are gleaming white.

Puggy Puggy

I love Lynda and Archies tribe of poodles. And funnily enough they love me. Some of them can be quite shy but i had a few that were my bed partners whilst i was there. Everyone was truly amazed!!

Gianni is a clown. Sharna is oh so gorgeous too. To me they were a lovely introduction to the poodle breed who i had previously had little time for. Now i will agree there is nothing like a poodle or two cuddling in when you miss your own big boof heads.

Thanks. BC white is always this white after a wash and here I was buying special whitening shampoos for my cats!!!!!! OH couldnt beleive how white he came up without using and whiteners :-)

Catsmother

Puggy Puggy

I love Lynda and Archies tribe of poodles. And funnily enough they love me. Some of them can be quite shy but i had a few that were my bed partners whilst i was there. Everyone was truly amazed!!

Gianni is a clown. Sharna is oh so gorgeous too. To me they were a lovely introduction to the poodle breed who i had previously had little time for. Now i will agree there is nothing like a poodle or two cuddling in when you miss your own big boof heads.

CM thats marvellous news about your OH - a great side benefit!! And your dogs look wonderful!! I have the same problem with people 'accusing' me of using whiteneing shampoo on my westies they are both REALLY white - while all it is is the EPO shampoo. :thumbsup:

And OK I'll 'fess up - I've been using it too and after a couple of weeks I have volume and shine like I haven't had in years! :eek: And its soooo much cheaper than the salon stuff!!

Cheers,

Westiemum :mad

Forgot to say (or maybe I did before if so sorry) but my OH has a reaction from a white tail spider bite going back over ten years. After trying EPO on dogs I suggested he take EPO human capsules, well he didnt want to do that so we break them open and put onto the back of his skull where the sores are and rub in every night, he also uses the dogs EPO shampoo and the difference is amazing not completely gone but so much better and not as itchy...this after yearws of trying everyting possible including visits to drs!
Thanks. BC white is always this white after a wash and here I was buying special whitening shampoos for my cats!!!!!! OH couldnt beleive how white he came up without using and whiteners :-)
Catsmother

Puggy Puggy

Hi Laffi

It doesnt matter how high the dryer is on as long as the dog is dried thoroughly so the EPO or Royal Jelly gets forced into the hair shaft.

I tend to use a blower rather than a dryer. The air coming out still heats up so is still doing the job i need it to do.

I would not use high heat of a dryer for any great lengths of time as you can actually do more damage if it is left in the one spot for to long.

So a low or a moderate heat is fine.

Hi Laffi

It doesnt matter how high the dryer is on as long as the dog is dried thoroughly so the EPO or Royal Jelly gets forced into the hair shaft.

I tend to use a blower rather than a dryer. The air coming out still heats up so is still doing the job i need it to do.

I would not use high heat of a dryer for any great lengths of time as you can actually do more damage if it is left in the one spot for to long.

So a low or a moderate heat is fine.

Thank you wylie :cheer:

Be real careful with the heat of the dryer - try it on your hand at the same time. It can be a lot hotter on the skin than you think. I would have thought the low setting and still check for overheating on the skin.

Unfortunately, we have had to give up with the shampoo (Vet grade EPO). Chelsea's skin got a lot itchier and she came out in lots of crusty itchy spots (typical of her malassezia). Last night was the final straw. When I looked at her back she had scratched a small section raw with her back foot. First time she has ever done this. Each time I used the shampoo (admittedly only twice) she was noticeably itchier and chewed her feet constantly. I had been applying according to instructions and blowdrying.

Horses for courses I guess, but neither of us slept a wink last night for her chewing. She was under reasonable control on the malaseb which we had reduced to once a week, so she'll go back on that. Still on her megaderm oil supplements...

Good luck to everyone else! I am so glad it has helped. Nothing worse than an itchy unhappy dog.

Yes ditto Ginger's Mum - good luck on the Malaseb. Very good advice about the dryer. I found even on low my hair dryer appeared too hot so I use a little travel dryer that I paid 10.00 for in one of those cheapie shops - and for the doggies it works brilliantly.

Cheers,

Westiemum :rolleyes:

Ginger's Mum I am so sorry that the EPO did not work on your Chelsea. As you say 'horses for courses'. It appears to be working very well on my Zedley.