Thai Ridgeback

NorthernStarPits

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i soooooooo want a Thai Ridgeback.....Too cute....I dont think my other fur kids(Tully..Bobby and Outlaw) would mind having another brother or sister.nope dont think they would mind one bit...Have to sell my O/H first as he might complain.hehehehehehe :eek::eek:

I agree Winterpaws, looks like a cross between a Ridgeback, Pharaoh Hound and a Shar Pei!! :) As you say though, each to their own, im sure there are many people out there that are not that fond of Whippets either! :)

Interesting looking dogs though.

Taken from Wiki

Thai Ridgebacks are an intelligent breed. Due to isolation and lack of human contact, the Thai Ridgeback remains an independent and largely undomesticated breed. They are naturally protective of their home and family and can be aggressive with other dogs, as well as people. They are best kept by dominant owners who have a thorough understanding of dog behavior and aggression. Due to its largely undomesticated nature, the Thai Ridgeback is not recommended for the novice dog handler. They have an excellent jumping ability.

And also this little gem

If they are treated well and trained well they are not aggressive towards people.

Fantastic!! :)

Can't wait for that breed to reach the shores and the bogans line up for them :)

Yeah, yeah, I'm ready :rofl:

ETA: when I say bogans I mean boofheads that like an attack dog on the end of a lead, not anyone here that has mentioned they like them because of it's looks ;)

Edited by 2psinapod

I think they are ugly and I don't say that lightly. I own a ridgeback and she is a babe but i don;t think I would want one of the thai ones

Each to their own of course - eye of the beholder and all

Exactly what I was thinking, Yuck

Yeah I think I too am with these guy's!

It looks like someone throw a bunch of different dogs in a blender and that is what came out.....

hehe some might say pugs look like they were running with their eyes closed and hit a bus :)

don't get me wrong I think pugs are cute :D

Those Thai ridebacks look divine IMO.... but according to my family I think strange or ugly dogs look cute so what are you gonna do? :) :D

Yeah and if you turn them upside down they look like little bats ...... :rofl: ;) :eek:

And I know what you mean I am a sucker for any of the breeds that have those face types.... French, Aussie & English Bulldogs just love them all and everyone tells me Im mad coz they are so ugly but I think they are gorgeous!

And yes before anyone else starts I know I know that an Aussie Bulldog is not a Recongised Breed!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for that breed to reach the shores and the bogans line up for them :happydance:

Isn't it a shame that bogans are the ones determining what dogs should and shouldn't be here and also which dogs will be next on the BSL chopping block ie: Rotties. :thumbsup:

I think if they were the only dogs left they could turn the Labrador into a monster :thumbsup: