Worming

Asalei

I've searched and can't find anything.

For some reason I had a thought the other day, do you stop worming monthly once your puppies are over 12 months old?

We use the sentinel spectrum for both girl beagles and I'm wondering whether we need to stop giving them monthly worming now and if there is another option?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh. We've been worming every month till 12 months of age.

Hrm, might ring the vet :)

It all depends on what wormer you use.

Sentinel Spectrum: once a month

Drontal: what Norskgra said

etc....

Edited by laffi

Thanks Laffi. I got a bit worried and rang the vet. As you've just said, Sentinel is a monthly wormer and we'll continue with that until their vaccination on the 17th February and we'll talk about alternatives then.

For some reason I just had this thought in my head that we weren't meant to be worming them every 3 months after 12 months of age! Silly me.

Thanks Laffi. I got a bit worried and rang the vet. As you've just said, Sentinel is a monthly wormer and we'll continue with that until their vaccination on the 17th February and we'll talk about alternatives then.

Sentinel Spectrum does, heartworm, all intestinal worm and is a flea contraceptive. If you haven't been giving it on a monthly basis you dog will need another test for heartworm before you can recommence the Sentinel.

I have all my dogs, young and elderly, on Sentinel and have never had a flea or worm problem.