Colloidal Silver

openarms

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that silver has an antibiotic effect. Is used in creams to treat minor burns and in some special hospital-grade wound dressings.

Haemorrhagic enteritis kills. I'm guessing the colloidal silver is in addition to vet treatment?

Worth trying in addition to vet treatment.

Paws crossed for the dog.

Diet is also important to look at for hot spots. Worth trying a change to see if it helps e.g. less processed dry foods which are high in grains.

Not pet related but has anyone seen the guy in Who magazine, who has turned blue after using CS ?

Didn't see the story but some people have to over indulge in whatever they do. Colloidal silver, like most things needs to be used in moderation.

Poodle wrangler:

Haemorrhagic enteritis kills. I'm guessing the colloidal silver is in addition to vet treatment?

Worth trying in addition to vet treatment.

Yep thats right - its a medical emergency and needs immediate vet treatment - my westie girl had it just on 12 months ago this comoing weekend and almost died. She spent three days and two nights at the vet (she was barking the vet down by the third morning). But I understand repeat episodes in the same dog are rare - so how would CS help?? No I'm not being critical - genuinely curious given I've had a dog with HGE.

Anyone?

Thanks

Westiemum :o

Look, I'm sorry if what I am about to say offends any of you 'colloidal silver true believers' but there is not a solitary scrap of evidence that CS does anything to help anyone or anything. More to the point, there is ample evidence that CS has poisoned people.

If any of you can point me in the direction of any remotely scientific research that even halfway indicates that CS is good for you, lead the way.

Sheesh, my bullshit meter starts reading in the red zone when this sort of flight of fancy gets bandied about. I'd believe in the tooth fairy before I'd believe in colloidal silver.

ricey

Look, I'm sorry if what I am about to say offends any of you 'colloidal silver true believers' but there is not a solitary scrap of evidence that CS does anything to help anyone or anything. More to the point, there is ample evidence that CS has poisoned people.

If any of you can point me in the direction of any remotely scientific research that even halfway indicates that CS is good for you, lead the way.

Sheesh, my bullshit meter starts reading in the red zone when this sort of flight of fancy gets bandied about.

Ricey take the time to research with an open mind. Right now you have a closed mind which will prevent you from learning anything positive about colloidal silver. Take as much time to look for the positives as you have obviously taken to find the negatives.

Alcohol poisons people too but it doesn't stop a large proportion of the community drinking it to excess. I won't even go into what smoking does to people but they smoke.

If you or your dog has an open wound put the colloidal silver on the wound daily and you may find it heals in very quick time. Try a drop in the ear for ear infections. People say it works fast, I haven't tried it because my dogs don't have ear infections. I know it worked quickly with a burn I had on my arm and left no scar.

I have no idea whether giving it daily to my dogs improves their health but as it's doing them no harm I hope it is doing some good.

My Rottweiler has a terminal disease. If colloidal silver might help then I'll try it. It didn't prevent her from getting cancer. I doubt it will heal her cancer either but she is still getting a tablespoon of it in her meal because it may help her in other ways to cope with this disease.

Sheesh, my bullshit meter starts reading in the red zone when this sort of flight of fancy gets bandied about.

Ricey take the time to research with an open mind. Right now you have a closed mind which will prevent you from learning anything positive about colloidal silver. Take as much time to look for the positives as you have obviously taken to find the negatives.

Alcohol poisons people too but it doesn't stop a large proportion of the community drinking it to excess. I won't even go into what smoking does to people but they smoke.

If you or your dog has an open wound put the colloidal silver on the wound daily and you may find it heals in very quick time. Try a drop in the ear for ear infections. People say it works fast, I haven't tried it because my dogs don't have ear infections. I know it worked quickly with a burn I had on my arm and left no scar.

I have no idea whether giving it daily to my dogs improves their health but as it's doing them no harm I hope it is doing some good.

My Rottweiler has a terminal disease. If colloidal silver might help then I'll try it. It didn't prevent her from getting cancer. I doubt it will heal her cancer either but she is still getting a tablespoon of it in her meal because it may help her in other ways to cope with this disease.

Do me a favour cavNrott, and show me any research articles from anywhere in the world that support your view that colloidal silver helps anyone or any dog in any situation or with any known medical condition.

If you can do that, I'll shut up.

But you can't, so I won't.

Put up, or shut up. Bet you can't.

Whereas I can link you to a lot of articles that prove that Colloidal Silver is a poison to humans and other mammals (like dogs, for example).

You say that I've got a closed mind? :cry::cry: Now that is just insulting and unfounded; if you can come up with reliable justification for your outlandish belief in the properties of Colloidal Silver, just show it to me. Waiting, waiting.......

Next you'll be telling me about the fairys at the bottom of your garden :cry::o

I know you believe that you've seen them.

ricey

Its unfortunate there are those out there that feel natural therapies are "BS". People tend to forget that modern medicine's humble beginnings started as Natural Therapies with medicine men/women, the humble midwife, and yes the not so favourably looked upon witch.

Collidal Silver as with all medical treatments do carry risks. People do turn blue or grey due to excess use of this product. As all have said here - use in moderation.

If you looked back to the middle ages you would find that the "silverware" used by the rich warded off many pandemic diseases of the time. It has also been noted that these people also had a characteristic blue tinge to their fingers due to the build of silver in their system which is where the term "blue bloods" originates.

Collidal silver has been shown to be an effective anti-microbial - How It Works: Silver inhibits the growth of bacteria by deactivating the bacteria’s oxygen metabolism enzymes. In turn, this destroys the bacteria’s cell membranes, stopping the replication of the bacteria’s DNA. Source- Acupoll Precision Research, April 2003 Beiersdorf, Inc.

Ricey - if you are looking for a glowing report from the USFDA on Collidal silver - you wont. Collidal Silver is not lucratively profitable to the food and drug administration as the hundreds of thousands of chemical cocktails many of us are willing to take because our doctors prescribe them with out any care as to potential side effects they may cause over the years. If you are willing to do full research on collidal silver instead of looking for all the "evils" of natural therapies you will find that the research results from many groups are available - you just need to not be so closed minded.

You say that I've got a closed mind? Now that is just insulting and unfounded; if you can come up with reliable justification for your outlandish belief in the properties of Colloidal Silver, just show it to me. Waiting, waiting.......

As for being insulting - Ricey, your comments are not only insulting but are also extremely childish. As you can see above in bold I have listed research and since you most likely will require further medical research...Ive listed a few for you below and these can be found at Hi Ho Silver Away!

(Mild Silver Protein and its effectiveness against internal and topical infections)

by James South MA.

REFERENCES

1) H. Bechhold, Colloids in Biology and Medicine, N.Y.: D. van Nostrand, 1919, pp. 364-76.

2) N.R. Thompson, Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 5, ch.28, Elmsford, N.Y.: Pergamon Press, 1973.

3) B. Duhamel (1912) "Electric Metal Colloids and Their Therapeutical Applications" Lancet, Jan. 13.

4) A. Searle, The Use of Colloids in Health and Disease, London: Constable & Co., 1920, pp67-111.

5) A. Legge Roe (1915) "Collosol Argentum and its Opthalmis Uses" Br. Med. J., Jan.16, 104.

6) G. van Amber Brown (1916) "Colloidal Silver in Sepsis" Am. J. Obstetrics, Jan-June, 136-141.

7) W. Hill & D. Pillsbury, Argyria - The Pharmacology of Silver, Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1939.

8) S. Begley (1994) "The End of Antibiotics" Newsweek, Mar. 28, 46-51.

9) J. Fisher, The Plague Makers, N.Y.: Simon & Schuster, 1994.

10) D. Long & S. Spencer Jones, Bioterrorism: Secrets for Surviving the Coming Terrorist Germ Warfare Attacks on U.S. Cities, Barstow, CA: Life & Health Research Group, 1998.

11) N. Grier (1983) "Silver and Its Compounds" in Disinfection, Sterilization and Preservation, S. Block, ed., Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 380-428.

12) I. Romans (1954) "Silver Compounds" & "Oligodynamic Metals" in Antiseptics, Disinfectants, Fungicides and Chemical and Physical Sterilization, G. Reddish, ed., Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 380-428.

13) J. Powell (1978) "Our Mightiest Germ Fighter" Sci. Digest, Mar., 57-60.

14) H. Carr et al (1973) "Silver Sulfadiazine: In Vitro Antibacterial Activity" Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 4, 585-87.

15) T.-W. Chang & L. Weinstein (1975) "Prevention of Herpes Keratoconjunctivitis in Rabbits by Silver Sulfadiazine" 8, 677-78.

16) T.-W. Chang & L. Weinstein (1975) "Inactivation of treponema Pallidum by Silver Sulfadiazine" 7, 538-39.

17) M. Wysor (1975) "Orally-Administered Silver Sulfadiazine: Chemotherapy and Toxicology in CF-1 Mice...." Chemother 21, 302-10.

18) T. Wlodkowski & H. Rosenkranz (1973) "Antifungal Activity of Silver Sulfadiazine" Lancet, Sep. 29, 739-40.

19) T. Berger et al (1976) "Electrically Generated Silver Ions: Quantitative Effects on Bacterial and Mammalian Cells" Antimicrob Agents Chemother 9, 357-58.

20) T. Berger et al (1976) "Antifungal Properties of Electrically Generated Silver Ions" Antimicrob Agents Chemother 10, 856-60.

21) R. Thurman & C. Gerba (1989) "The Molecular Mechanisms of Copper and Silver Ion Disinfection of Bacteria and Viruses" CRC Crit Rev Envir Control 18, 295-315.

22) W. Newton & M. Jones (1949) "Effectiveness of Silver Ions Against Cysts of Endamoeba Histolytica" 41, 1027-34.

23) N. Simonetti et al (1992) "Electrochemical Ag+ for Preservative Use" Appl Environ Microbiol 58, 3834-36.

24) S. Hussain et al (1992) "Cystein Protects Na, K-ATPase and isolated Human Lymphocytes from Silver Toxicity" Biochem Biophys Res Comm 189, 1444-49.

25) H. Freundlich, Colloid & Capillary Chemistry, N.Y.: E.P. Dutton, 1922, p.385.

26) C.E. MacLeod (1912) "Electric Metallic Colloids and Their Therapeutical Applications" Lancet, Feb. 3.

27) A. Clark (1923) "The Properties of Certain 'Colloidal' Preparations of Metals" Br Med J, Feb. 17, 273-77.

28) T. Sanderson-Wells (1916) "A Case of Puerperal Septicemia... Treated with... Collosol Argentum" Lancet, Feb. 16, p.258.

29) B. Fowler & G. Nordberg (1986) 'Silver'' in Handbook on the Toxicology of Metals, L. Friberg, G. Nordberg & V. Vouk, eds. Amsterdam: Elsevier Sci. Pub., Vol. 2, 521-31.

30) J. Dawson et al (1984) "The Effectiveness of N-acetylcysteine...." Arch Toxicol 55, 11-15.

31) L. Borgstrom et al (1986) "Pharmacokinetics of N-acetylcysteine in Man" Eur J Clin Pharmacol 31, 217-22.

32) A. Lorber et al (1973) "Clinical Application for Heavy Metal-Complexing Potential of N-acetylcysteine" J Clin Pharmacol 13, 332-36.

cavNrott: I have no idea whether giving it daily to my dogs improves their health but as it's doing them no harm I hope it is doing some good.

ricey:Do me a favour cavNrott, and show me any research articles from anywhere in the world that support your view that colloidal silver helps anyone or any dog in any situation or with any known medical condition.

If you can do that, I'll shut up.

But you can't, so I won't.

Put up, or shut up. Bet you can'Whereas I can link you to a lot of articles that prove that Colloidal Silver is a poison to humans and other mammals (like dogs, for example).

You say that I've got a closed mind? :cry::cry: Now that is just insulting and unfounded; if you can come up with reliable justification for your outlandish belief in the properties of Colloidal Silver, just show it to me. Waiting, waiting.......

Next you'll be telling me about the fairys at the bottom of your garden :cry::o

I know you believe that you've seen them.

ricey

Do your own research ricey, I'm not doing it for you. I have more important things to attend to and you're clearly just wasting time and looking for someone to argue with.

I have already stated that I don't know whether or not colloidal silver is of benefit but that it seems to do no harm. Where is the evidence of my 'outlandish belief'?

It may also help your case if you make some effort not to be so damn rude.

I don't believe it would do any harm to the dog with HG - but I'd be pulling out all stops with the vet as well.

And didn't the people who turned blue or grey drink far too much? I read about a couple of people who skolled it and went blue.

Ricey

Sheesh, my bullshit meter starts reading in the red zone when this sort of flight of fancy gets bandied about. I'd believe in the tooth fairy before I'd believe in colloidal silver.

Dunno Ricey, I've read all the pro and against references, and it was used quite extensively in the past. I have used it externally with excellent results. I had two (minor) scratches on my arms, used CS on one, and other treatments on the other. The one treated with CS healed without a scar and faster. My stud dog slashed from his chest to his ribs, under his "armpit" - and my the time I found the wound, it was green and infected, and long past stitching, athough it really needed sewing up. Cleaned it with H2O2, and treated daily with CS. There is not even a hint of a scar.

Friends give their newborn pups a drop on the tongue, and swear they do better than pups not given CS. Who knows.

I was drinking a little every day - I failed to turn blue (damn, could have been interesting) but I see any benefits either, so stopped.

But - I am prepared to say it is the BEST wound treatment I have ever used.

Look, I'm not sorry if what I am about to say offends you

This probably is not remotely scientific evidence for you ricey, however, as part of a VCE Biology experiment to see the effect of antibiotics on bacteria (ecoli and strep) we used among other antibiotics - both commercial and natural including CS on agar plates smeared with the above bacteria.

CS WAS just as effective against both bacteria in our experiment (as was tee tree oil ) as the commercial penicillian etc.

Now I would not expect this to be satisfactory evidence for you however, I don't give a hoot for your thoughts on the matter as I have used CS for many ailments both for myself and my dogs and have found it successful. So basically if people want to use it and see for themselves let them. I doubt very much that there will be adverse effects from sensible and moderate use as per instructions - just as there is not for many medications. It is NOT and no one has claimed it to be a cure all for everything.

I don't believe it would do any harm to the dog with HG - but I'd be pulling out all stops with the vet as well.

And didn't the people who turned blue or grey drink far too much? I read about a couple of people who skolled it and went blue.

Ricey

Dunno Ricey, I've read all the pro and against references, and it was used quite extensively in the past. I have used it externally with excellent results. I had two (minor) scratches on my arms, used CS on one, and other treatments on the other. The one treated with CS healed without a scar and faster. My stud dog slashed from his chest to his ribs, under his "armpit" - and my the time I found the wound, it was green and infected, and long past stitching, athough it really needed sewing up. Cleaned it with H2O2, and treated daily with CS. There is not even a hint of a scar.

Friends give their newborn pups a drop on the tongue, and swear they do better than pups not given CS. Who knows.

I was drinking a little every day - I failed to turn blue (damn, could have been interesting) but I see any benefits either, so stopped.

But - I am prepared to say it is the BEST wound treatment I have ever used.

Hi Jed

I'm not disputing the use of silver products as topical agents in wound care; it is used in mainstream medicine in burns treatment (as silver sulfadizine) or to topically treat conjunctivitis (as silver nitrate). Silver nitrate has also been used to topically treat warts. These topical uses are successful because the silver products are potent poisons :cool: .

However, there are plenty of agents that are safe and effective when used topically that become dangerous or poisonous when ingested. Silver products are dangerous to humans and other mammals when ingested and there is no end of well conducted research in reputable journals that proves that colloidal silver has no benefits for human health.

Quite the opposite in fact. Argyria is the commonest side effect where people's skin turns permanently blue-gray from deposition of silver. Although cosmetically challenging, argyria is not harmful to physical health (but perhaps harmful to psychological health). More to worry about is the neuro-toxic effects leading to epileptic seizures; kidney toxicity; hepatic toxicity; and arteriosclerosis.

There is not a single internal function of the human body that requires silver in any of its forms. Humans can only excrete a small amount of silver daily and any excess builds up (like lead does :eek: ). Even minerals that are required for humans to live create huge and potentially fatal problems if absorbed in excess e.g. iron is necessary for a myriad of factors, with the best known being for oxygen transport in the blood; however, too much iron deposition in the condition of haemosiderosis is life threatening.

So you can have too much of a good thing like iron, but ingested silver has never been demonstrated as having any benefits at any dose level.

If humans want to ingest poisons, that is their choice, but I'd caution any dog owner against using a known poison as a "treatment" for their dog.

ricey

Not pet related but has anyone seen the guy in Who magazine, who has turned blue after using CS ?

Yes yes I saw that guy who had turned blue on tv as well. I think he was both rubbing the CS into his skin and drinking it to help some sort of psoriosis skin conditon he had. The skin conditon had gone but he was left with blue skin.

I'm not sure that I use it on my dogs beacause of the fact that people turn blue from it so might my dogs. And the fact that the skin turns blue means that there is some sort of build up of something which can't really be healthy. Saying that I am always open to alternative medical treatments.

Its unfortunate there are those out there that feel natural therapies are "BS". People tend to forget that modern medicine's humble beginnings started as Natural Therapies with medicine men/women, the humble midwife, and yes the not so favourably looked upon witch.

Collidal Silver as with all medical treatments do carry risks. People do turn blue or grey due to excess use of this product. As all have said here - use in moderation.

If you looked back to the middle ages you would find that the "silverware" used by the rich warded off many pandemic diseases of the time. It has also been noted that these people also had a characteristic blue tinge to their fingers due to the build of silver in their system which is where the term "blue bloods" originates.

Collidal silver has been shown to be an effective anti-microbial - How It Works: Silver inhibits the growth of bacteria by deactivating the bacteria’s oxygen metabolism enzymes. In turn, this destroys the bacteria’s cell membranes, stopping the replication of the bacteria’s DNA. Source- Acupoll Precision Research, April 2003 Beiersdorf, Inc.

Ricey - if you are looking for a glowing report from the USFDA on Collidal silver - you wont. Collidal Silver is not lucratively profitable to the food and drug administration as the hundreds of thousands of chemical cocktails many of us are willing to take because our doctors prescribe them with out any care as to potential side effects they may cause over the years. If you are willing to do full research on collidal silver instead of looking for all the "evils" of natural therapies you will find that the research results from many groups are available - you just need to not be so closed minded.

You say that I've got a closed mind? Now that is just insulting and unfounded; if you can come up with reliable justification for your outlandish belief in the properties of Colloidal Silver, just show it to me. Waiting, waiting.......

As for being insulting - Ricey, your comments are not only insulting but are also extremely childish. As you can see above in bold I have listed research and since you most likely will require further medical research...Ive listed a few for you below and these can be found at Hi Ho Silver Away!

(Mild Silver Protein and its effectiveness against internal and topical infections)

by James South MA.

REFERENCES

1) H. Bechhold, Colloids in Biology and Medicine, N.Y.: D. van Nostrand, 1919, pp. 364-76.

2) N.R. Thompson, Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 5, ch.28, Elmsford, N.Y.: Pergamon Press, 1973.

3) B. Duhamel (1912) "Electric Metal Colloids and Their Therapeutical Applications" Lancet, Jan. 13.

4) A. Searle, The Use of Colloids in Health and Disease, London: Constable & Co., 1920, pp67-111.

5) A. Legge Roe (1915) "Collosol Argentum and its Opthalmis Uses" Br. Med. J., Jan.16, 104.

6) G. van Amber Brown (1916) "Colloidal Silver in Sepsis" Am. J. Obstetrics, Jan-June, 136-141.

7) W. Hill & D. Pillsbury, Argyria - The Pharmacology of Silver, Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1939.

8) S. Begley (1994) "The End of Antibiotics" Newsweek, Mar. 28, 46-51.

9) J. Fisher, The Plague Makers, N.Y.: Simon & Schuster, 1994.

10) D. Long & S. Spencer Jones, Bioterrorism: Secrets for Surviving the Coming Terrorist Germ Warfare Attacks on U.S. Cities, Barstow, CA: Life & Health Research Group, 1998.

11) N. Grier (1983) "Silver and Its Compounds" in Disinfection, Sterilization and Preservation, S. Block, ed., Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 380-428.

12) I. Romans (1954) "Silver Compounds" & "Oligodynamic Metals" in Antiseptics, Disinfectants, Fungicides and Chemical and Physical Sterilization, G. Reddish, ed., Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 380-428.

13) J. Powell (1978) "Our Mightiest Germ Fighter" Sci. Digest, Mar., 57-60.

14) H. Carr et al (1973) "Silver Sulfadiazine: In Vitro Antibacterial Activity" Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 4, 585-87.

15) T.-W. Chang & L. Weinstein (1975) "Prevention of Herpes Keratoconjunctivitis in Rabbits by Silver Sulfadiazine" 8, 677-78.

16) T.-W. Chang & L. Weinstein (1975) "Inactivation of treponema Pallidum by Silver Sulfadiazine" 7, 538-39.

17) M. Wysor (1975) "Orally-Administered Silver Sulfadiazine: Chemotherapy and Toxicology in CF-1 Mice...." Chemother 21, 302-10.

18) T. Wlodkowski & H. Rosenkranz (1973) "Antifungal Activity of Silver Sulfadiazine" Lancet, Sep. 29, 739-40.

19) T. Berger et al (1976) "Electrically Generated Silver Ions: Quantitative Effects on Bacterial and Mammalian Cells" Antimicrob Agents Chemother 9, 357-58.

20) T. Berger et al (1976) "Antifungal Properties of Electrically Generated Silver Ions" Antimicrob Agents Chemother 10, 856-60.

21) R. Thurman & C. Gerba (1989) "The Molecular Mechanisms of Copper and Silver Ion Disinfection of Bacteria and Viruses" CRC Crit Rev Envir Control 18, 295-315.

22) W. Newton & M. Jones (1949) "Effectiveness of Silver Ions Against Cysts of Endamoeba Histolytica" 41, 1027-34.

23) N. Simonetti et al (1992) "Electrochemical Ag+ for Preservative Use" Appl Environ Microbiol 58, 3834-36.

24) S. Hussain et al (1992) "Cystein Protects Na, K-ATPase and isolated Human Lymphocytes from Silver Toxicity" Biochem Biophys Res Comm 189, 1444-49.

25) H. Freundlich, Colloid & Capillary Chemistry, N.Y.: E.P. Dutton, 1922, p.385.

26) C.E. MacLeod (1912) "Electric Metallic Colloids and Their Therapeutical Applications" Lancet, Feb. 3.

27) A. Clark (1923) "The Properties of Certain 'Colloidal' Preparations of Metals" Br Med J, Feb. 17, 273-77.

28) T. Sanderson-Wells (1916) "A Case of Puerperal Septicemia... Treated with... Collosol Argentum" Lancet, Feb. 16, p.258.

29) B. Fowler & G. Nordberg (1986) 'Silver'' in Handbook on the Toxicology of Metals, L. Friberg, G. Nordberg & V. Vouk, eds. Amsterdam: Elsevier Sci. Pub., Vol. 2, 521-31.

30) J. Dawson et al (1984) "The Effectiveness of N-acetylcysteine...." Arch Toxicol 55, 11-15.

31) L. Borgstrom et al (1986) "Pharmacokinetics of N-acetylcysteine in Man" Eur J Clin Pharmacol 31, 217-22.

32) A. Lorber et al (1973) "Clinical Application for Heavy Metal-Complexing Potential of N-acetylcysteine" J Clin Pharmacol 13, 332-36.

Don't try to blind me with irrelevant pseudo scientific studies, ravingmissed. Come up with a well researched article in a reputable medical journal that supports your point of view. Do please try not to quote partial results out of context.

There are no scientific studies that have shown colloidal silver to be good for humans. Ever.

End of story.

CS is a poison. If you smear it topically on burns or other wounds, it may help; just don't eat it, because it is a poison. And if you feed it to your dogs, you should get the RSPCA knocking on your door, because that is bastardry and dogs shouldn't be fed poison by their owners.

You are are living in lala land. What, if anything, do you know about the real effects of colloidal silver?

Not much, as demonstrated by your puerile comments here.

If you looked back to the middle ages you would find that the "silverware" used by the rich warded off many pandemic diseases of the time.

Oh really? Care to share any evidence that supports this farcical view point? Are you able to point out one disease of the middle ages that was ameliorated by the use of silver? Please note that I'd expect you to provide evidence that silver actually did some good :cheer: :D

It has also been noted that these people also had a characteristic blue tinge to their fingers due to the build of silver in their system which is where the term "blue bloods" originates.

And this was a good thing? Sheesh; what drugs are you on? Have you researched the history of the European royal families?

Collidal silver has been shown to be an effective anti-microbial

Yes, if you grow bacteria in a petri dish, and pour a dollop of colloidal silver into the petri dish, the bacteria will die. The bacteria will also die if you dump a load of carbon tetraflouride in as well. A small dose of bleach will also do a very good job of killing bacteria. Of course, if you swallow bleach or carbon tetraflouride you will die, so not all anti-bacterial agents are good for you.

I don't know how I'm going to explain this stuff to you. I don't think that it is hard to understand, but you are doing your best not to. Colloidal silver is a poison; just what about that don't you follow?

Regards,

ricey

Sounds to me ricey as though even if there was evidience presented you would not accept it.

You obviously have ignored my specific post about our class experiment although mentioned pouring CS on bacteria on a petri dish in response to ravensmyst00. Give us some creedence ricey, might not be ground breaking material but the ecperiment was conducted correctly. Simply because you do not agree does not make you right. What are your credentials? Are you a Dr? A Scientist? A Veterinarian?

There are many commercial drugs that the professionals thrust down our throats and those of our dogs which in fact have a dubious in their effect on the body despite the published scientific evidience. Try vaccinations for one but let us not go there. Current day pet food being another, I'm sure there is scientific evidience to show this is the best way to feed or dogs. Funny how they surviced on other foods until about 60 years ago and in the main without many of the common ailments we see today before we started poisioning our dogs with inappropriate substances.

Cynical as I am maybe there is just not enough money in natural therapies (including CS) for the drug companies to worry about publishing their scientific evidience.

Edited by curlyking

Yes yes I saw that guy who had turned blue on tv as well. I think he was both rubbing the CS into his skin and drinking it to help some sort of psoriosis skin conditon he had. The skin conditon had gone but he was left with blue skin.

I'm not sure that I use it on my dogs beacause of the fact that people turn blue from it so might my dogs. And the fact that the skin turns blue means that there is some sort of build up of something which can't really be healthy. Saying that I am always open to alternative medical treatments.

If that is the same guy that I read about elsewhere, he made the classic mistake of adding something else to the CS - soda bicarb I think it was, thinking it would make it more effective. Just about every case I've ever read about of argyria from CS was from improperly prepared CS, eg made from tapwater, adding salt etc.

My brother has been drinking 600 mls of CS daily for almost 2 years to help his CFS and doesn't have a blue tinge anywhere. Of course, he knows to watch the moons of his nails like a hawk, as this is where the blue first shows up. There is a successful protocol for removing silver from the system if this actually does occur, developed by a guy who started to get blue moons after 3 years of a huge daily intake of CS - he reduced his intake, followed the protocol and the blue tinge disappeared.

I personally would never take such large amounts, but then I haven't spent years lying on my back for most of every day either. My brother is now flying planes and working again! I do use such large amounts for treating serious illness, especially bad infections from wounds in horses - and have always had great success. The mare we saved with CS was dying despite antibiotics, and was only turned around after we stopped them. In the vet's estimation she was about ten hours from complete organ failure and death, but the CS saved her life. The vet was astounded - her massive chest and lung infection should have killed her.

We also had a stallion with a massive injury from a stable accident during a storm - texas chainsaw massacre was the reaction of the person who found him - he almost lost his foot. Without CS he would have died. The vet still cannot believe that a) we saved him and b) the healing process was less than a half of normal time frames for lesser injuries. Not only have we saved him, but we think he will be able to compete under saddle again next season. He was on one to two litres of CS daily, with more poured over the minced foot every dressing change - for months. All the skin under his white markings is still perfectly pink :cheer:

Personal practical experience for me counts more than any study - and when I have vets telling me that my animals would have died with standard vet treatment, I know it works.