Colloidal Silver

openarms

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver is used in commercial wound dressings in hospitals for its antibacterial properties.

Also in a cream commonly used for burns: Silver Sulfadiazine

This is interesting-

FoE calls for Samsung "Nano Silver" washing machine recall in face of growing risk concerns

http://nano.foe.org.au/node/162

Quite true about silver being a potent anti-bacterial agent agent used topically in burns treatment :vomit:

And thanks for posting up that web-site; it made for a good read :)

I especially thought this quote from the Friends of the Earth article was pertinent to this ongoing discussion:

In vitro scientific studies published in “Toxicological Sciences” and “Toxicology In Vitro” demonstrate that nano silver is also highly toxic to mammalian brain cells, stem cells and liver cells. It is completely unacceptable that products containing nano silver should have been allowed on to the market in the absence of regulations requiring safety testing.

Scary stuff :laugh:

cheers,

ricey

If any of you can point me in the direction of any remotely scientific research that even halfway indicates that CS is good for you, lead the way.

Look, I'm not sorry if what I am about to say offends you

This probably is not remotely scientific evidence for you ricey, however, as part of a VCE Biology experiment to see the effect of antibiotics on bacteria (ecoli and strep) we used among other antibiotics - both commercial and natural including CS on agar plates smeared with the above bacteria.

CS WAS just as effective against both bacteria in our experiment (as was tee tree oil ) as the commercial penicillian etc.

Now I would not expect this to be satisfactory evidence for you however, I don't give a hoot for your thoughts on the matter as I have used CS for many ailments both for myself and my dogs and have found it successful. So basically if people want to use it and see for themselves let them. I doubt very much that there will be adverse effects from sensible and moderate use as per instructions - just as there is not for many medications. It is NOT and no one has claimed it to be a cure all for everything.

I refer you to my comment that you can use chlorine bleach to very successfully kill bacteria grown on agar plates, and if you drink chlorine bleach it will kill you. If you look up the MSD on tea tree oil, you will also find that it is very poisonous when taken internally. The LD50 dose in rats is 1.9ml/kg body weight. Extrapolated for the average human, an average sized wine glass of tea tree oil would be fatal. If you think that I am making this up, here's the MSD (material safety data sheet) on tea tree oil:

http://www.coldstream-plantation.com.au/material.html

I'm tiring of repeating myself, but I'm not sure that you understand my point; just because something successfully kills particular bacteria grown in a petri dish, doesn't mean that it is safe for humans or other mammals to ingest

Sounds to me ricey as though even if there was evidience presented you would not accept it.

You obviously have ignored my specific post about our class experiment although mentioned pouring CS on bacteria on a petri dish in response to ravensmyst00. Give us some creedence ricey, might not be ground breaking material but the ecperiment was conducted correctly. Simply because you do not agree does not make you right. What are your credentials? Are you a Dr? A Scientist? A Veterinarian?

There are many commercial drugs that the professionals thrust down our throats and those of our dogs which in fact have a dubious in their effect on the body despite the published scientific evidience. Try vaccinations for one but let us not go there. Current day pet food being another, I'm sure there is scientific evidience to show this is the best way to feed or dogs. Funny how they surviced on other foods until about 60 years ago and in the main without many of the common ailments we see today before we started poisioning our dogs with inappropriate substances.

Cynical as I am maybe there is just not enough money in natural therapies (including CS) for the drug companies to worry about publishing their scientific evidience.

All your experiment proved was that if you applied toxic agents to bacteria in a petri dish, the poisons killed them. The thing that separates penicillin from the two other anti-bacterial agents you mention (colloidal silver and tea tree oil) is that penicillin is not toxic for the great majority of human beings.

Ho hum, I give up. Obviously rocey does not want to answer my posts or play by her own rules - in in providing any my "remotly" scientific evidience.

Patience is a virtue, little one. Whilst you were penning this childish post (and neglecting to proof read it), I was putting together this post.

As to your gibe:

What are your credentials? Are you a Dr? A Scientist? A Veterinarian?

I have a Batchelor of Science (Physiotherapy) degree from Curtin University. Amongst a whole load of other things, this trained me in assessing scientific research and evidence and coming to logical conclusions. One of the most basic things about research that you ought to realise about your little experiment that you so proudly mention is not to extrapolate from your results. I'll say it again:

just because something successfully kills particular bacteria grown in a petri dish, doesn't mean that it is safe for humans or other mammals to ingest

I really don't think you are getting this; tell your lecturers or lab technicians that you believe your little experiment proved that colloidal silver is safe for humans and other mammals to ingest, and I'll bet you'll be getting a big fat 'F' for that unit.

You want to poison yourself with colloidal silver, go ahead; that's just good Darwinian theory in practice. Feel free to use it topically on your dogs, because as a topical anti-bacterial it is very good. Just don't think that I won't condemn you for making your dogs eat a known poison. That's just animal abuse.

regards

ricey

Edited by ricey

From the reading I have done CS is not a poison when used topically or for short periods of time, but when overused can build up in the system causing cell death etc

http://www.newstarget.com/colloidal_silver.html - is a good place to start

I wouldnt drink a cup of it, nor would drink a cup of dettol - but they certainly both have their uses. Oh and isn't tea tree oil a potent poison if ingested? Might smell nice but Im not drinking a cup of that either.

Ill stick to water thanks.

From the reading I have done CS is not a poison when used topically or for short periods of time, but when overused can build up in the system causing cell death etc

http://www.newstarget.com/colloidal_silver.html - is a good place to start

I wouldnt drink a cup of it, nor would drink a cup of dettol - but they certainly both have their uses. Oh and isn't tea tree oil a potent poison if ingested? Might smell nice but Im not drinking a cup of that either.

Ill stick to water thanks.

Nothing that you say there that I'd disagree with :)

Cheers,

ricey

I was hoping to read something about Colloidal Silver here, and learn a little bit about its purpose, good or bad, instead I find that the thread has been hyjacked by one person wanting to convey their opinion only......unfortunately, this thread has been a waste of time to look at, thanks to that individual wanting to make everyone else think he/she is right... :rofl:

If anyone, other than those who have written something in this thread already, has used this product and found it to be good or bad, could you please relay your story on here so that the rest of us can gauge our own opinions, and with a bit of luck the hyjacker might have someone else they would prefer to argue with and let the rest of us read what other people have to say,. :offtopic: (somehow, I don't think that will happen, and I will miss out on reading other peoples opinions) what a shame. Maybe, the only way to avoid that happening is to email me, therefore, this person will have no ammunition to play with.

Angel Dust - this is the site for the colloidal silver generator I use - it has many links to more info on it as well as yahoo groups for CS users, of which I am a member. There is a lot of info out there as well as the personal experiences with CS from all over the world.

Colloidal Silver Generators

The chap who runs this business is incredibly helpful and goes out of his way to assist. He has given me advice which has cut costs for me at his expense - the mark of a genuine person, not just someone only interested in making money.

Here's what I've learned from this thread.

Colloidal silver is a safe and extremely effective topical treatment for wounds and bacterial infections.

Its use when taken internally has not been proven to be safe or effective.

Conclusion - I would use this product externally on me or my dog but will neigher ingest it, not feed it to my dogs.

A fair proportion of that learning has been due to Ricey's "hijacking".

There is no way in God's earth I'd give it to a dog suffering or recovering from Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis. I've had the misfortune to have a dog come down with that. :(

Edited by poodlefan

In my experience, CS given orally has cured -

In friends and family - bronchitis, flu, UTIs, gum disease and sinus infections - 600 mls daily for over a year has been the maximum dose used. As a prophylactic it has prevented respiratory infections and asthmatic attacks in family.

In week old kittens - eye infections, older kittens - eye infections, diarrhea, bladder infection and cat flu. 20-30 mls daily max dose.

In horses - life threatening chest infection, blood poisoning and always given orally in cases of severe injuries in addition to topical applications. 2 litres a day max dose.

So in all of the above cases, oral CS has been proven to be safe and effective. I would happily use it myself for Hemorrhagic Gastro in dogs, but as an adjunct to other treatment, not as the sole approach.

In my experience, CS given orally has cured -

In friends and family - bronchitis, flu, UTIs, gum disease and sinus infections - 600 mls daily for over a year has been the maximum dose used. As a prophylactic it has prevented respiratory infections and asthmatic attacks in family.

In week old kittens - eye infections, older kittens - eye infections, diarrhea, bladder infection and cat flu. 20-30 mls daily max dose.

In horses - life threatening chest infection, blood poisoning and always given orally in cases of severe injuries in addition to topical applications. 2 litres a day max dose.

So in all of the above cases, oral CS has been proven to be safe and effective. I would happily use it myself for Hemorrhagic Gastro in dogs, but as an adjunct to other treatment, not as the sole approach.

I appreciate you think it works. but that's not proof enough for me.. knowing how raw the stomach of a HG sufferer is, I'd not be putting a damn thing in their system unless it was under veterinary advice.

As has been pointed out, HG kills dogs, and quickly. I'd have the dog on a drip with antibiotics every time rather than feed a product with untested results. I don't gamble with my dogs lives.

Edited by poodlefan

Colloidal silver is a safe and extremely effective topical treatment for wounds and bacterial infections.

Conclusion - I would use this product externally on me or my dog but will neigher ingest it, not feed it to my dogs.

There is no way in God's earth I'd give it to a dog suffering or recovering from Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis. I've had the misfortune to have a dog come down with that. :eek:

Thanks poodlefan,

I am glad that my "hi-jacking" (an accusation by others, not by you :wave: ) has added to the information available in this thread.

Me, I only want dog owners to be aware that colloidal silver could kill their dog if they make their dog eat it. Spread it topically on burns and wounds and all is good.

Cheers,

ricey

My Goodness.

Ricey - I respect your opinion and your definately passionate on the matter. Your posts read as if you are shouting the whole time. I am just glad that you were writing what you had to say and that I did not have to be in the same room as you as I am sure that the soap box performance would have caused me to leave the room. At least by reading your posts I can absorb your opinion without walking away, still got a headache but at least my ears weren't ringing from the vocal performance. I am sure that most people know when you are in a room. Your presence in the thread is obvious - very intense, I don't normally come into this area of the forum which is probably why I have not read your posts before. But I noticed the topic on CS and was interested.

I am not a quiet person myself and can be very opinionated - but I am pleased to say that after saying something once and airing my opinion - I tend to let it be rather then keep demanding that people listen to my voice and take my opinion as their own.

In my opinion most prescription drugs on the market today are poison. Used incorrectly or mixed together they are lethal. A week does not go past without hearing about illness or death from prescription medication. So I don't care what medical research has proved these medications - I will take caution in regard to any medication I use -whether it is natural or medical. So for me - it wouldn't matter what medical research paper you put in front of me to support a product. I won't believe it is safe on that alone and in my opinion - no one else should either. We need to question a lot more the drugs that are being administered to the adults and children in our society.

It is sad that you are blinded by medicine and medical research - Not all medicine's - even if they passed for public use in my opinion are "good for you". All medications whether natural or otherwise should be considered carefully.

I have found CS to be useful for viral infections. It is not used on a daily or weekly basis - but it was suggested to me as a natural fighter for viruses and I have been pleased with the results. I won't use it every day, only if there is a virus infection -but then again I don't use any medication on a daily basis (including vitamin tablets).

I respect what I put in my body and what I put in my dog's body but I am also open minded towards natural remedies. I have become more so in recent years when observing first hand the horrors of people blindly taking prescribed medication from doctors and vets just because they believe a univeristy trained person must know more then the average person on the street.

CS taken in large quantities I believe is a poison. So is a whole list of prescripton medication - so my advice to anyone reading this thread - is don't doubt your own knowledge and intutition and research and do what we all have the ability to do - make our own decision after considering all the available information.

Most importantly remember that just because someone has a university degree does not mean they know more then you.

A university degree doctor told my mother she had depression - put her on a range of medication for her depression..... A year later it was discovered she had a brain tumour. Tumour is now gone - but her addication to the prescription medication is not and there is not much chance that the cocktail of legal medication in my mother's system will change and in my opinion - she is being poisoned - legally....

ps. We have fairies in our garden - much to the delight of my 4 year old who tells me their stories.

Cheers

Amanda

• 3 months later...
I was hoping to read something about Colloidal Silver here, and learn a little bit about its purpose, good or bad, instead I find that the thread has been hyjacked by one person wanting to convey their opinion only......unfortunately, this thread has been a waste of time to look at, thanks to that individual wanting to make everyone else think he/she is right... :eek:

If anyone, other than those who have written something in this thread already, has used this product and found it to be good or bad, could you please relay your story on here so that the rest of us can gauge our own opinions, and with a bit of luck the hyjacker might have someone else they would prefer to argue with and let the rest of us read what other people have to say,. :laugh: (somehow, I don't think that will happen, and I will miss out on reading other peoples opinions) what a shame. Maybe, the only way to avoid that happening is to email me, therefore, this person will have no ammunition to play with.

Hi,

Well I can give you my result with Electro-Ionic Colloidal Silver used on my daughters Golden Labrador. I am only writing this because I stumbled across this site and have first hand experience with the subject you were asking about.

Her pure bread Labrador developed an ear infection some time ago and after several visits to the Vet, and after parting with a considerable amount of money on all sorts of oils, creams potions etc, the Vet took a swab from the inner ear and found that there was a bacterial infection to which he issued more medication. This went on for a couple more weeks, (this whole episode went on for roughly 12 months), until I got fed up with the money my daughter was spending and told her to try Ionic/Colloidal Silver. I am not going into any more detail here regarding this product as there are right and wrong ways to prepare this stuff and numerous variables which need to be understood.

I produce EICS for self use, and as I have made these machines for all of my family, I told her to make up a batch, using rain water, ( as I said, there is too much to learn regarding the do's and dont's or right's and wrong's regarding the manufacture of EICS), and by using a syringe give a good squirt in the dogs ear.

Now...If you spoke to my daughter she will say that the infection was cured in 24 hours...but I will give the benefit of doubt and say 48 hours. The infection has never returned, however, the dog continued to shake it's head for a couple of months or so, (due to habit I would say), but after that period of time the dog gradually got out of the habit and is fine. What I have written here occurred about 12 months ago now, if not longer.

Before anyone attacks me with comments relating to EICS I would like to make a couple of points clear if I may... a) I am not familiar with forums of ANY description, (this is my first time and I don't even know if you will get this), ....b) I don't want to hear of any half baked miracle cures, ....c) I don't want to be told of any information sites available on the Internet regarding EICS, ....d) I don't want you to think I am pushing anything. Do the research and go through the learning curve if you consider there is some validation to EICS.

I am only replying here because I know, as my daughter does also, that EICS fixed her dogs ear infection. I have done my own EXHAUSTIVE research on the Internet regarding EICS, (5 years or so), and have my own information. You will need to search long and deep to weed out the multitude of total rubbish information from the miniscule amount of credible information on the Internet. I have also had a Laboratory analysis done on a few samples I have made so that I understand EICS, and part per million, better for my own peace of mind. I am probably more of a sceptic than anyone. If I think something is rubbish I will state as such but if I think it is credible then I will say so as well.

I can see that this is an old post but there it is........That's my story, you can decide. I just felt that as you asked the question I would respond. I am not a dog owner as I only ever had mutts through my childhood, but I may pass this site on to my daughter.

P.S. I would ask you to excuse my inexperience with this type of communication...

There is no way in God's earth I'd give it to a dog suffering or recovering from Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis. I've had the misfortune to have a dog come down with that. :)

I had given this to 2, 6 week old puppies when they had gastro. I found it very effective, it was diluted in water of course and syringed it in their mouths. With that I also gave slippery elm. They were back to normal in a couple of days.

Yes, I produce and ingest my own, and after more than 5 years of researching, and roughly 3 years using it, not forgetting the aforementioned dog cure, I believe I understand EICS enough to satisfy my own chronic scepticism. I don't put much faith in everything available on the Internet, I probably delve too much into things but I feel the more research I do the better I understand the why's and wherefore's so if someone tells me something I do a LOT of research to satisfy myself of any merit. I don't sell the product so I don't have the need to do any 'selling' so to speak.

If I may be so bold I would like to add that most, (if not all), products distributed as Colloidal are more likely to have a higher Ionic content rather than Colloidal content, but having said that, it is still a good product. I would also recommend you stick to the same brand product you use. The brand you use works and you obviously are aware of some of its merits so don't be thrown by any ill-informed debate on the issue. There are no guarantees, miracles or magical solutions but if it works for a particular situation then that is all that matters. What Silver content that is not absorbed into the blood will be passed via urine and stools fairly quickly. If used for external wounds it is worth noting that it will get into the blood stream via that same open wound anyway, which is good. I would not allow my daughter to use it on her dog if I wasn't willing to use it. After all, our animals tend to become extended members of our 'family' so to speak.

OK, I should'nt even be on here as I am not a pet owner but as I had a legitimate story to tell regarding EICS, ( Electro-Ionic Colloidal Silver), I took it upon myself to pass it on in case it may be helpful to someone else.

We have had a CS 'maker' if you like for many years.......have had fantastic results with gastros including vomiting and dihorreah in our family - both 2 and 4 legged variety....also with throat infections.......Had a horse with revolting yellow creamy discharge coming from her eyes for 2 days on a veterinary prescription......started bathing with CS and was totally fine within 12-24 hours......definitely worked for us and we never turned blue.......

As with most things given in 'moderation' CS is safe for our family.

This is what everyone needs to hear more of...Intelligent, educated, informed and independantly assessed evaluations! I thank you for that. We used it, (and still are), long before using it on animals, and the last time I looked, I am not blue, and neither are both our daughters dog and cats. 'Research' is the key word, and a lot of it.

In conclusion to the aforesaid article regarding our daughters Labrador ear infection, I made a point of informing the Vet of my method of fixing the problem, and although he seemed receptive to my input at the time, I have little doubt that when I left the room every word would have been discarded...But I will wait and see if he remembers our conversation the next time my daughter takes the dog in for its jabs...He may surprise me, but I am not overly confident!.

This thread has been an interesting read.

Ricey, I am more than happy to be educated on all sides of the topic, what ever that may be, but as previously posted, your posts just seem full of anger and shouting.This puts me of wanting to see what you have to say. There is more than one side to this topic, so how about a pleasant discussion rather than an argument and personal attacks.

Please add some links of you own, where we can find the scientificly proven information you are so pasionate about and I will read up. Education on the whole picture may influence peoples choices. Though the individual still has the right to his or her own opinion in the end.