Colloidal Silver

openarms

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used it previously externally on my dogs sore tail with good results.Haven't used it on the dogs internally but have myself taken it for sore throats.I'm sure it would be fine to try.

Try Googling colloidal use in dogs,i'm sure i have done this before and found good information

ETA-here's a few links http://www.colloidal-silver.com/animals.htm

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/collsilver.htm

Edited by 4 Paws

It's meant to be like a natural antibiotic or something like that isn't it? I don't use anything like that myself, but I know people who swear by it.

When I had my Mare, the lady I agisted with used to give it to her horse everyday. Now what was the name of the guy she got it from??? Ummm...

Thinking

Thinking

Ahhh that's his name. Robert McDowell.

I found his link to his website too. Seems he has a specific range for dogs.

http://www.herbal-treatments.com/index.html

Hope this helps.

Colloidal silver is best given straight, as it is mainly absorbed through the mucous membranes in the mouth - not as effective in food.

It can be helpful with some stomach bugs, but it is difficult to get it to where it is needed. Some people swear by a gentle enema of CS to get it to the intestines, others just remove drinking water and offer pure CS instead - if this method is used it needs to be put in a glass or ceramic container out of sunlight.

For sick puppies and kittens I use the latter method - perfectly safe. If you have to buy it, add some to distilled water or Nobles Pure water from the supermarket - don't add it to tap water as the silver will combine with stuff in the water and drop out of solution. Or just syringe a 10 or 20 ml dose several times daily into the mouth if the pup isn't drinking enough.

It doesn't protect against cancer IME, but is great for hot spots, ear and eye infections and various illnesses. For bad infections, add some thuja extract from Robert McDowell - has saved a couple of lives here!

Robert McDowell is charging $30 for 50ml of Colloidal Silver. Before I got my generator I was paying $28.75 for 500ml from the health shop.

I would suggest buying from a health store. $30 for 50ml is an outrageous price.

:laugh: Robert McDowell charges $27.50 for 500 mls.

Robert McDowell is charging $30 for 50ml of Colloidal Silver. Before I got my generator I was paying $28.75 for 500ml from the health shop.

I would suggest buying from a health store. $30 for 50ml is an outrageous price.

I just followed the link posted ^ and had a look on his website and he has listed Colloidal Silver Antibiotic for $30 for 50 ml. I have his site bookmarked so I'll have another look.

I just followed the link posted ^ and had a look on his website and he has listed Colloidal Silver Antibiotic for $30 for 50 ml. I have his site bookmarked so I'll have another look.

Yes the page that comes up in my bookmark said $27.50 for 500ml....going back now to follow the other link to see if I'm going mad or blind.

We use it alot but we get ours made up so the percentage is higher.

Many from the shops are low in the percentage make up & may not be as successful as someone who can specifically make it fresh.

We have used ion very sick dogs that are also being treated with meds

I bought my own generator and make it up as needed. Cost of generator was about $230 but between myself and the dogs I was using several liters per year and at $50 per liter I figure it was cheaper to make my own.

I have not had any hot spots on the dogs since using it but have used it for other scrapes, grazes and fly bitten ears.

Mavmon I would put it directly on to the hot spot and irrigate it for a time then let it air dry there. Repeat as required. Best if you can get it directly onto the affected part under the hair.

I also got a gel making kit and for situations like hot spots that is wonderful also works wonders on burns (human)

I have not had any hot spots on the dogs since using it but have used it for other scrapes, grazes and fly bitten ears.

Mavmon I would put it directly on to the hot spot and irrigate it for a time then let it air dry there. Repeat as required. Best if you can get it directly onto the affected part under the hair.

Does it work to cure ears that are already fly-bitten or does it help prevent fly bit?

Does it work to cure ears that are already fly-bitten or does it help prevent fly bit?

I don't think it stops the flies biting, I've used it on the bitten ears and it cleans up any scabbing and seems to give the dog relief from itchiness or soreness on the ears.

Thanks Curlyking :laugh: ... you say you havent had a hot spot since using CS? So do you keep your dogs on a dose of it all the time then for prevention?

No they are not on a dose all the time although IO do sometimes add it to their drinking water. Guess I've just been lucky in not having dogs that get a lot of hotspots. I have had a couple of incidences of irritations looking like they could flare up, usually inflicted by the dog biting at itself (fleas? probably) and after putting the CS on that for a couple of days it has not progressed further