Dog Sport Juniors

This thread is for all the kids who do dog sports with their dog. It can be any dog sport like Agility, Flyball ect ect :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::love:

Tell us all about your achievements, what trials your entering on anything to do with dog sports.

It's time for dog sport juniors to unite!!!! XD

NOTE: You must be over 7 and under 18 to post :)

To see videos of me and my dog doing agility together click the link below

www.youtube.com/CanineSportsFanatic

Hi,

I don't do any sport with my dog, but hopefully will do agility when we move (in about 2 - 5 months) and would love to find out how easy it is, to do it? I am going to use either my IG or my mums Whippet (my CC is too scared to do sport with and I don't want to make him really scared)

Edited by Finding Nemo

hi

i'm 13 and i have a 10 yr old staffy called kennex royal princess.

a few years ago she had a big problem with separation anxiety and she ran away. More than once she ended up at the police station. This one time she was jumping up so high she was nearly strangling her self on the top of a 8ft high cage. I took her home and decided i would try agility and she still loves it. I get tired before she does. she often trys to jump our 6ft fence but my dad always catches her.

x

Hi,

I don't do any sport with my dog, but hopefully will do agility when we move (in about 2 - 5 months) and would love to find out how easy it is, to do it? I am going to use either my IG or my mums Whippet (my CC is too scared to do sport with and I don't want to make him really scared)

Hi there, dog sports are great fun and it depends on your dog and your handling and training skills.

For me training Nina in agility was easy because she was bold and had alot of drive.

But once you get there and feel that excitment rush through you it worth it! :)

hi

i'm 13 and i have a 10 yr old staffy called kennex royal princess.

a few years ago she had a big problem with separation anxiety and she ran away. More than once she ended up at the police station. This one time she was jumping up so high she was nearly strangling her self on the top of a 8ft high cage. I took her home and decided i would try agility and she still loves it. I get tired before she does. she often trys to jump our 6ft fence but my dad always catches her.

x

Wow sounds like an amazing agility dog, have you started trialling yet? Maybe we'll see you at a trial sometime (We start trialling in July)

Hi,

Hi there, dog sports are great fun and it depends on your dog and your handling and training skills.

For me training Nina in agility was easy because she was bold and had alot of drive.

But once you get there and feel that excitment rush through you it worth it! :o

OK, I will need to have alot of practise :rofl: especially for Dante (9 month old Iggy) he has no self control, whatsoever :eek::rofl:

Storm (whippet) should be easier, just show him the ball ;) plus (I make, makeshift jumps) he loves to jump, I taught him when he was young, now he jumps on the benches :p :D :mad apparently its my fault :rofl:

:p (sorry OT :o )

Storm is pretty responsive though :p I need a garden to practise though :( we only have a balcony, pretty big mind you...

ETA: I would take him to agilty training, but we live half an hour - 45min away, and the only class is at 7.30pm, so a bit far for my mum to take me :(

Edited by Finding Nemo

Hi, this is Chloe, using my Mum's login. I am 9 and I love doing agility. I would like to enter trials but I am not old enough yet and I don't have my own dog.

Here is a video my Mum just took of me running her Trim. Mum does not let me run her very much so it was exciting. I love Trim very much, sometimes she sleeps on my bed.

Hope you like it.

from Chloe

Edited by Vickie

Hi, this is Chloe, using my Mum's login. I am 9 and I love doing agility. I would like to enter trials but I am not old enough yet and I don't have my own dog.

Here is a video my Mum just took of me running her Trim. Mum does not let me run her very much so it was exciting. I love Trim very much, sometimes she sleeps on my bed.

Hope you like it.

from Chloe

Wow Trim is fast!!!!

And you were really good at handling her, I hope you get an agility dog soon because agility is just so much fun :cry:

and you have alot of potential :o

Hi,

OK, I will need to have alot of practise :cry: especially for Dante (9 month old Iggy) he has no self control, whatsoever :cry::)

Storm (whippet) should be easier, just show him the ball ;) plus (I make, makeshift jumps) he loves to jump, I taught him when he was young, now he jumps on the benches :(:cry::) apparently its my fault :cry:

:( (sorry OT :p )

Storm is pretty responsive though :cry: I need a garden to practise though :p we only have a balcony, pretty big mind you...

ETA: I would take him to agilty training, but we live half an hour - 45min away, and the only class is at 7.30pm, so a bit far for my mum to take me :(

thats a shame it's so far where abouts are you?

i have a small backyard too and before I got some equipment i used brooms and stuff too (ah good times.. lol) If you have a park or something nearby then i suggest you get this Agility in A Bag thing from AfforableAgility.com thats what i have and it doesn't take up alot of room, it does cost a bit of money but if u can't train at a club then it's great practise

If ur not too far maybe we could train together idk my MSN is [email protected] if ur interested :)

but thats up to ur parents. :p

Hi,

Thanks ;)

OK, I will need to have alot of practise :) especially for Dante (9 month old Iggy) he has no self control, whatsoever :cry::(

Storm (whippet) should be easier, just show him the ball ;) plus (I make, makeshift jumps) he loves to jump, I taught him when he was young, now he jumps on the benches :p :cry: :p apparently its my fault :cry:

:( (sorry OT :p )

Storm is pretty responsive though :cry: I need a garden to practise though :) we only have a balcony, pretty big mind you...

ETA: I would take him to agilty training, but we live half an hour - 45min away, and the only class is at 7.30pm, so a bit far for my mum to take me :)

thats a shame it's so far where abouts are you?

i have a small backyard too and before I got some equipment i used brooms and stuff too (ah good times.. lol) If you have a park or something nearby then i suggest you get this Agility in A Bag thing from AfforableAgility.com thats what i have and it doesn't take up alot of room, it does cost a bit of money but if u can't train at a club then it's great practise

If ur not too far maybe we could train together idk my MSN is [email protected] if ur interested :)

but thats up to ur parents. :(

I live near Hornsby :)

I do the same, but we have 4 dogs, and we don't have anywhere where we can lock up three otherwise they go nuts, and Storm gets narky with the others :cry:

Yeah, I'd have to ask my mum for that :) shes a DOLer though, so she may stumble across this thread lol

Hi all,

I'm 13 and have done obedience, flyball and starting agility with my female GSP. ;)

She got to level 3 obedience and full runs in flyball. I'm quietly confident she'll do well in agility :crazy: I HOPE! :eek:

Love working with her she is a great dog, very responsive and very fast! :cool: I just hope I can keep up with her... :( we'll see!

Ashleigh

hey guys Ive been doing agility for almost 2 years now and I love it! lol we have been trialing for a year or so and so far have 1 pass in Novice Jumping <jock> Snoopy on the other hand is temporarily retired lol!! I'm always up for training~ Just I'm limited cos I'm finishing school this year and need to study hard!

I´ve been doing agility for almost 2 years now, it´s been great!! I`ve had a little break for the last few months though, so I can´t wait to get back into it. I´ve ran in a few trials, best achievement was 1st in novice agility :(. Will add some pics when I´m back in Australia. (On holidays overseas atm)

Ciao

Sandra

Agilityoodle, I haven't forgotton, we have been out and I haven't gotton around to doing so yet, so I'm sorry :thumbsup:

I do take awhile to do things, cause I never remember to do it when I'm on then when I get off I go, "oh right, oops :scold: " sorry :thumbsup:

Agilityoodle, I haven't forgotton, we have been out and I haven't gotton around to doing so yet, so I'm sorry :thumbsup:

I do take awhile to do things, cause I never remember to do it when I'm on then when I get off I go, "oh right, oops :scold: " sorry :thumbsup:

hey there

don't worry bout it :)

have u asked ur mum bout the MSN thing?

:thumbsup: hi my name is ashton im 8 i lve showing my dog .it makes me happy my dog is my best friend :scold: i love winning ribbons and beating my dad :rofl:

Hey my dogs are my best friends too :eek: but then again people call me weird :)

QUOTE(Finding Nemo @ 2nd Feb 2008 - 01:24 PM)

Agilityoodle, I haven't forgotton, we have been out and I haven't gotton around to doing so yet, so I'm sorry

I do take awhile to do things, cause I never remember to do it when I'm on then when I get off I go, "oh right, oops " sorry

hey there

don't worry bout it

have u asked ur mum bout the MSN thing?

Not yet no :) but, (how many posts do you have?) if she says no, when you get enough posts :D we can use the chat on DOL :thumbsup:

I promise I'll ask today :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...