Mast Cell Cancer

Staffyluv

Thanks guys, I wish I was as confident as the vet - I guess I am worried because the fat boy is closing in to 12 years old now but the vet did say he was not concerned about putting him under as he is as well as ever (that is a good thing).

Cheers

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sending powerful positives vibes Ollies way... jodie are you sure that he does not read a dog veterinary handbook and is working his way thru

HUgs

H

Oh, I know he is... This has been a recurring issue (lipomas). According to the vet, some dogs get them and some don't. I figure because he has had allergies, bladder and kidney stones and mast cell cancer, then his immune system must be an issue and he is going to be prone to other 'things'.

On the up side though the vet is convinced that although he actually has 3 MCTs his remission is the longest in history and that he will live to a normal staffy age, against all odds :)

OH has taken to calling him the 'money pit' :laugh:

Awww Jodie, look at the boy in that pic. He's just beautiful.

I have you and Ollie in my thoughts today. He's such a trooper, he'll come through with flying colours. You, on the other hand, will have a day of jittery nerves and stress...I know how it is.

Please let us know how he is when you hear from the vet. I'm sending strong healing vibes to the boy today, bless him.

He is home and none too happy.

He passed a bowel motion while on the table and it had blood in it - he has gone again since coming home and it still has bright red blood in it.

Vet said not to worry (but sheesh) and if it is still bloody tomorrow to bring him back.

Going to sit with him for a while now

He had a shocking night - he walked around nearly all night (with me following him, half asleep). But he is resting now and sleeping on the couch in my office. I think the pain killers the vet gave him after surgery wore off a lot quicker this time than before. He was crying a bit last night as well and it was like he could not lay down or get comfortable, poor boy.

The blood has gone this morning but it was still very runny poo but I don't want to take him back just yet -will give him til tomorrow or later today and see how he goes. I think he will be fine.

The vet said he is a sook :love:

arrrggghhh! poor Ollie. Jodie when lucinda had bright blood in her bowel movements Barbara prescribed a homeopathic remedy that seemed to do the trick.

Did not pop in yesterday a neighbour died suddenly ..... poor man .

How is ollie today? feeling much better i hope.. and did you eventually get some sleep

Hugs

helen

I might give All Natural Vet Care a call on Monday and see if they can recommend anything for it - even though it has stopped now, thankfully.

He is doing much better today. He still does little cries in his sleep but it has only been a few days. I think he must roll onto the incision when he is asleep or it hurts when he tries to move into a more comfy position.

He is much brighter and bought a toy to play with yesterday but I did not play toys because he just wants you to throw it so he can chase it or play tug with it and neither is the best game at the moment. So I just sat on the floor with him for ages and tapped each side of his mouth and he growls like he is going to grab your hand but does not - silly game he has played with me since he was a tiny baby. Still it amused him for ages.

He got up this morning and headed for the front door like he was going for his regular walk - stitches don't come out for 10 days so he won't be going before then (to many off lead dogs here)...

Cheers and thanks for the support

HEHEHE! the things we do to amuse our friends :(

can you try a little reiki over his op spot?

It used to work wonders with oscar. both get comfy, you empty yopur mind of all but healing and slowly move your hand/hands over the general area. i used to "feel" a spot that felt different and i would stop there and let the energy flow. Often oscar would get up and bound away afterwards when he had been barely able to stagger before hand. It might me in my mind ( LOL) but it does seem to make a difference and certainly does no harm.

still flooding the airways with healing energy for one of my fave gentlemen

Hugs to you both

Helen

I might give All Natural Vet Care a call on Monday and see if they can recommend anything for it - even though it has stopped now, thankfully.

He is doing much better today. He still does little cries in his sleep but it has only been a few days. I think he must roll onto the incision when he is asleep or it hurts when he tries to move into a more comfy position.

He is much brighter and bought a toy to play with yesterday but I did not play toys because he just wants you to throw it so he can chase it or play tug with it and neither is the best game at the moment. So I just sat on the floor with him for ages and tapped each side of his mouth and he growls like he is going to grab your hand but does not - silly game he has played with me since he was a tiny baby. Still it amused him for ages.

He got up this morning and headed for the front door like he was going for his regular walk - stitches don't come out for 10 days so he won't be going before then (to many off lead dogs here)...

Cheers and thanks for the support

Ollie sounds like he is one tough man. You are an inspiration to all us stafford owners Staffyluv with your continuing fight for Ollie. Hope he continues to improve.

Cheers :o

How is this for a miserable face - the also fixed a small lump that has been on his eyelid for ages and he kept scratching it so I bandaged his head the other night.

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

He is much better and has not scratched at his eye since I did this :)