Artemis Fresh Mix

stormie

Those websites are a little out of date, the formulas have been improved on some of the lines.

Can you tell us where we can find an up to date ingredients list please K9katz.

If you pm me I will be happy to tell you.

I think there are a number of us interested in this food so it might be a good idea to post the ingredient list on the forum if you could. Thanks.

OK the only reason I didnt want to post the ingredients on here is because I dont want to breach the forum rules, so here goes and if it gets removed I appologize.

Fresh Mix Adult Dog.

Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Meal, Lamb Meal,Pearled Barley, Whole brown rice,Oatmeal, Millet, Chicken Fat(preserved with mixed tocopherals)Pototoes, Dried Egg, Tomato Pomace,Salmon Meal,Salmon,Flaxseed,Natural Chicken Flavour,Salmon Oil (A source of DHA)choline Chloride,Tomatoes, Blueberries, Spinach, Cranberry Powder, Rosemary Extract, Parsley Flake, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, L-carnitine, Enterococcus Faecieum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Saccharomyces Cerevesiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein, min. 23.0%

Crude Fat, min. 14.0%

Crude Fiber, max. 3.0%

Moisture, max. 10.0%

Vitamin E, min. 300 IU/kg

Biotin, min. 0.25 mg/kg

Omega-6 Fatty Acids, min. 2.2%

Omega-3 Fatty Acids, min. 0.4%

DHA min 0.05%

I'll do the maximal (grain free) and puppy formulas a bit later. Happy to send samples out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

received my Fresh Mix Maximal today( only ordered it yesterday). Have given a few bits of the kibble to the dogs and they ate it. Now to do the gradual changeover from the old food and see how we go

Did anyone else receive theirs yet?

I received mines yesterday :rolleyes: . My dogs and cats love it. My cat is very very picky so I was so happy that I finally found something he likes. My dogs are not very picky :( . They all ate it like no tomorrow :sleep:

Thank you k9katz. That sounds like an excellent food. I think I'll swap over from EaglePack.

Next Products!

Medium / Large Breed Puppy

Chicken, Turkey,Chicken Meal,Salmon Meal, Pearled Barley, Whole Brown Rice, Oatmeal,Millet, Pototoes, Dried Egg, Tomatoe Pomace,Chicken Fat ( preserved with mixed tocopherols),Salmon,Flaxseed,Natural Chicken Flavour,Salmon Oil (A source of DHA)Choline Chloride,Dried Chicory root, Kelp, Carrots, Peas,Apples, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Spinach, Cranberry Powder, Rosemary Extract, Parsley Flake, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, L-carnitine, Enterococcus Faecieum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Saccharomyces Cerevesiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.

Maximal Dog - GRAIN FREE

Chicken Meal, Potatoes.Chicken Fat ( preserved with mixed tocopherols),Chicken, Natural chicken flavour, Tomatoe Pomace,Choline Chloride,Dried Chicory root, Kelp, Carrots, Peas,Apples, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Spinach, Dried Skim Milk, Cranberry Powder, Rosemary Extract, Parsley Flake, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, L-carnitine, Enterococcus Faecieum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Saccharomyces Cerevesiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need ingredients for other formulas.

Well I received mine today (Fresh Mix Adult) and everyone ate their dinner, even my fussy boy. The pieces of kibble are a bit smaller that EP or Nutro, but it appears to be a denser food. So at the moment everything is :rolleyes:

Ok I am getting confused again - I get grain free is great yet Artemis and Orejin and all others rated 6 stars except Core seem to have a really high amount of protein in them. So I did a quick google and I found several conflicting articles regarding amount of protein reguired in a dogs diet. Does anyone have more info on this???

This is the review of Artemis

The first ingredient in this food is a named meat product. There is a second meat ingredient fourth on the ingredient list, but this is meat inclusive of water content (about 80%) and once that is removed, as it must be to create a dehydrated product, the ingredient will weigh around 20% of its wet weight and would be more accurately placed somewhat further down the ingredient list (ingredients are listed in order of weight). It is thus unlikely to be a significant contributor to the overall meat content of the food. As there are only two ingredients ahead of the fat content (itself around 20%), and the meat ingredient is the greater of these two components, we can have a reasonable amount of confidence that the product contains a good amount of meat irrespective that it is a single ingredient.

We note that fat is the third ingredient in this food and that research at Purdue University has identified fat in the top four ingredients of dry food as a factor increasing the risk of bloat in large breed dogs. Smaller breeds are untested.

This is an entirely grainless dog food. The major carbohydrate source is potatoes, which are a good source of vegetable protein. The food contains whole eggs, a good range of probiotics and fruits/vegetable ingredients.

This food is excellent in containing no grains. Grains are not a natural part of a canine diet and it is pleasing to see dog foods on the market that exclude grains completely from the diet. This is a more natural food concept and combined with high meat content and a complete lack of any low quality or controversial ingredients is the reason this food is placed in a class above the more conventional form dry dog foods.

The only caution we would make on this food is that the high protein content may make it suitable for adult dogs only, particularly in the case of large breeds.

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

This is a review of Orijen

The first three ingredients of this food are all named meat products, two of which are in meal form. There are further meat ingredients fifth, ninth and tenth on the ingredient list. We can thus have a high level of confidence in the meat content of this food, which the manufacturer states to be 70% of the total.

This is an entirely grainless dog food. The major carbohydrate source is potatoes, which are also a good source of B vitamins and other minerals. There is a good range of fruits/vegetables in the food, whole eggs and a good range of probiotics.

This food is outstanding in that it contains no grains whatsoever. Grains are not a natural part of a canine diet and it is pleasing to see dog foods on the market that exclude grains completely from the diet. This is a far more natural food concept and combined with a complete lack of any low quality or controversial ingredients is the reason this food is placed in a class above the more conventional form dry dog foods.

The only caution we would make on this food is that the high protein content may make it suitable for adult dogs only, particularly in the case of large breeds.

The manufacturer has provided the following statement in regards to the use of Ethoxyquin (a chemical preservative often found in fish ingredients): "All ingredients are purchased ethoxyquin free and we maintain written quality protocols and supplier agreements to this effect. All ORIJEN fish meals are preserved exclusively with NATUR-OX (a blend of rosemary and mixed tocopherals), and our fresh fish are truly FRESH -arriving without any preservatives what-so-ever."

EDIT - ALSO NOTE THAT BOTH THE PUPPY FORMULAS LARGE AND MEDIUM HAVE THE SAME HIGH PROTEIN!

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

I would not be feeding a growing dog a food that has more than 24% protein.

My guys had a few kbbles but my girl with the funny tummy had not nice poos so have sent product back. Hope it works out for others

How much did you give your girl with the funny tummy to have a reaction so quick with the poos?

Just to set people's minds at rest, Artemis dont only have the Grain Free Product ( Maximal Dog) There is also a full range of puppy, adult, senior and diet foods for diifferent size breeds that do have grains and a lot less protein. Grain Free is not going to suit all dogs.

There is also a very good article on high protein on this website. http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=protein_myth

Having said that though, I personally wouldnt be feeding a Large Breed Puppy on 42% protein either.