Toy - Home Alone

GoldD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep have on and its sitting in the cupboard not played with :thumbsup: . Seriously though if your dog is into tuggy they are great. I think part of Ness's issue was she got a tuckerball first so couldn't work out the home alone.

Our kelpie-x Shiva has one and she seems to enjoy it - there's a video of her using it on You Tube

I'm not sure how much she uses it when we're out - I think she goes through phases where she uses it more. There are probably days when she doesn't touch it at all. Occasionally I'll put some small pieces of kibble in it, but she uses it regardless of whether it has food or not. It has a marble in it so that it still rattles when there's no food - it's quite loud so we have to hang the toy up at night otherwise we're woken up when Shiva decides to play at 5am!

I think it's a good toy if your dog really likes to tug - if not, they probably won't get much use from it.

post-16464-1203587589_thumb.jpg

I found the same problem regarding the size of the hole - too small to reward the dog often enough to keep it interested. Mine is hanging untouched from a tree branch - and my dog loved to play tug games with us and our other dogs.

Yes, exact same promlem here, hanging from the Patio, rarely played with......:laugh:

My silky terrier has one and she loves it :laugh: . I havent had a problem with it not treating enough, she usually gets a few bikkies out each pull, and a full ball takes her about half and hour to empty. Its definatley her favourite toy, and it only took her a couple of minutes to work out how it works.

I pulled mine apart and turned the ball around so the treat "hole" was facing down. The food didn't just fall out it had to still rattle around a bit to get some food to come out. I had to take mine down because I had to restrict my dogs jumping etc for health reasons. :laugh:

My silky terrier has one and she loves it :laugh: . I havent had a problem with it not treating enough, she usually gets a few bikkies out each pull, and a full ball takes her about half and hour to empty. Its definatley her favourite toy, and it only took her a couple of minutes to work out how it works.

Lol trust a Silky to work it out. Hard to confuse a Silky for long Melt!

I thought ours must be a factory reject with the hole at the top !

Specially since I won the 50kg dog + version in a competitition.

50 kg + dog has never played with it.

5kg JRT has had hours & hours & hours of play with it.

The fact that food never emerged didn't bother him .. the TUG factor & spinning around on the end has absolutely enthralled him.

:laugh: Interesting - so would anyone be interested in selling their second hand one to me. Makes sense if it's not being used you get some money back, and I get one which might in turn end up sitting in my cupboard. Hope this isn't being rude to ask :cry:

ETA: PM me if you wish to recycle yours...ta

Edited by GoldD

stafford loves it but he loveees to tug... very small kibble will fall out of hole where rope goes through i have found if they are a very active tugger..

my lab boy loved it as well.

i dont leave it up i only get it out on occasions, and take it back down after a while, because he would get obsessed with it and get himself so worked up cos he would HAVE to get it.

i love aussie dog toys, and will have to get the soccer ball obsessed boy a staffy ball one day..

I would also be interested in buying someones second hand one if they were willing to sell it! I have a staffy though so need the strongest one :D have been looking at them for ages but am worried about spending that much money when I'm not 100% he'll use it!

Hope I get first dibs on a second hand one as per my earlier post and my thread!!!! :laugh: :p ;) :rofl:

hesmyhero - will let you know too if I get more than one offer of a second hand one!

Edited for stunning spelling NOT!!

Edited by GoldD

I would also be interested in buying someones second hand one if they were willing to sell it! I have a staffy though so need the strongest one :D have been looking at them for ages but am worried about spending that much money when I'm not 100% he'll use it!

Hope I get first dibs on a second hand one as per my earlier post and my thread!!!! :laugh: :p ;) :rofl:

hesmyhero - will let you know too if I get more than one offer of a second hand one!

Edited for stunning spelling NOT!!

But of cause GD! :D

There is a money back guarantee on the home alones that "if your dog doesn't like it...your money back!"

The item must be returned to AussieDog with proof of purchase at the purchaser's expense. If there is no dog damage, and the item is clean we will cheerfully refund your purchase price. The toy must be returned within the specified warranty period.

If that helps anybody hesistent to outlay the money in advance.

That was taken directly from their website.

Edited by ness