Titer Test Results

Guest Tess32

I had one dog come back very low for parvo and I chose to vaccinate with C3. Although, having read more about it since then, if I was faced with the same situation now then I'd probably do nothing and retest at a later date.

There is a bit about it in one of the links in the parvo topic thread.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interesting topic, as one of our dogs has just had the annual letter from the vet to go in for vaccinations and my IG's should be due soon too. The border terrier is mums dog, so I have no control over what she does with him, but as far as Breeze goes I'm reluctant to get her done again without titre testing her first, assuming NZ vets are doing it.

She had an incident with her puppy vaccinations. When I got her it said on her vet book she was due another one, so took her in and got it done, emailed the breeder (who is a vet) the same day and she said "oh I just got her done two days before I sent her down, I guess I put the wrong date down on her card". So poor wee Breeze got a double dose within a few days of each other, luckily there was no adverse reactions. Had her last puppy vac and the first booster at around a year as well. Sometimes I wonder if that double dose caused her meningitis but I have no idea really. Anyway with her having had meningitis spells twice I'm not too keen on having another booster done so soon, since its supposedly an immune thing. What do you guys think? I'm really hoping that the vets won't charge too much for it.

Why do some places give the number results and not just a yes/no for immunity? Wouldn't that save a whole lot of confusion as either a dog has immunity or it doesn't, there aren't different scales or levels of immunity.

Why do some places give the number results and not just a yes/no for immunity? Wouldn't that save a whole lot of confusion as either a dog has immunity or it doesn't, there aren't different scales or levels of immunity.

High numbers can indicate 'recent' exposure to disease where dog hasn't been vaccinated for disease for some time.

I like reading the numbers, even though low numbers or even no numbers doesn't mean low or no immunity. Either immune or not immune. There's not much grey in that.

Edited by Erny

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...