Raw Feeders Who Freeze The Food First.

Joypod

Hi All, :party:

I freeze all of Gus's meat, bones and offal before feeding it to him which means I'm destroying the Vitamin E they contain.

The only non-pill vitamin E supplement I can find to give him is "Mega Coat" which also contains Omega 3 & 6.

The thing is, he gets two whole sardines each week as well as having the Mega Coat (which is an oil) mixed into about a teaspoon of sardine each morning so he'll eat it. Then, as high value treats, he also gets very small bits of sardines during training.

The thing is, his coat seems to be a bit coarse (sort of thicker hair or something) and almost oily down the middle of his back. I was wondering if this could be as a result of too much Omega oil in his diet (is that even possible?) or if it's just a different type of hair because he's soft everywhere else? Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, if anyone can recommend an alternative source of Vit E (natural or supplement) that I could be giving him, I'd really appreciate it. :cheer:

Ta :clap:

Vic

Raw eggs and fish are both good sources of Vitamin E. Mine occasionally get an almond or a peanut aswell.

Basically it is recommended that an 2 eggs a week or a nut each day is plenty for a 25kg dog. Delta is 13-14kg and Charlie is 16-17kg so I only feed them egg once a week.