Heated Swimming Pools

Alison

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to know why you have to shower the dogs first. No other pool does that.

I sounds very regimented at the new pool, maybe its just the way they have worded it though.

I am going for another snoop tomorrow, I'll ask! Must admit I know nothing about swimming protocol and just presumed it would knock dust and dirt off and and help keep the pool clean so less chemicals?

isiss, is the Devonn Meadows pool nice and clean?

Hi I have been working at Devon Meadows pool on Tues & Weds for 2 months now and it has been cleaned up I take my dogs to work with me and have had no problems, yes it is clean.

Sorry, bit of a thread hijack. Do any of the dogs get ear probs from the water? Are there any ways, ie. floaty collar, 'headband' etc. to help stop so much water entering the ear canal? i need help! Thanks.xxx

I want to know why you have to shower the dogs first. No other pool does that.

I sounds very regimented at the new pool, maybe its just the way they have worded it though.

When my kids did swimming training, they had to shower first. It does help the health of the pool. I suppose the dogs need a rinse first for the same reason. So many dogs would create a dirt, grease build up. I think it's good that they are fussy. I'd rather that than a dirty place.

OK so I asked a few questions but wasn't able to speak to the exact right person so forgive any ignorance!

Rinse is to reduce contaminants in the water, it will be done in one of the hydrobaths prior the the first time in the pool, dogs having multiple short dips may have to rinse each time, I was not able to ascertain. The pool manager is apparently anal on hygiene - bonus!

Initially no physiotherapist, so experienced people or those who know exactly what they want, this may change over time.

Price for first time swimmers who need help is not certain yet, thinking is for repeat swimmers or experienced I guess, $10/half hour.

Appointments are to reduce waiting times for obvious reasons, no point lining up for an hour! They will likely be very flexible.

Swim times are likely to change to suit working owners with more after hours in place of middle of day times.

My understanding is (at least) initial focus will be on pet owners so very simple user friendly staff and facilities. In time if demand is there more complex needs will be met.

No horse pool/underwater treadmill.

Cheers, Nessa

Hi

I am interested in taking my puppy Zoya 9 months old for swimming just for recreation and i am hoping to reduce the chance of her getting hip problem.

I have googled the address but silly me can't find the address for the Devon Meadow heated dog pool. I am really excited now cause i never know that this kind of place is exist :offtopic: Australia is the best Heaven for doggies I reckon.

I am still learning to drive, so soon i get my driving lesson i am hoping to be able to take her around more.

cheers

Lee

I have just looked at the Devon Meadows website.

The photo of the pool shows a ramp leading up to the edge of the pool for the dogs to walk up.

What happens then? Are the dogs supposed to jump off the ramp into the water?

Or is there another ramp for them to walk down?

Also, do you have to make an appointment, or do you just turn up?

Thanks

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

The reason they will be asking you to rinse your dog before using the pool is that each dog into the swimming pool is equivalent to approx 20 humans so when you have a busy day like we often do you can end yp with the equivalent to 800 - 1000 people in the pool. :) Hence why the pool should be computer sanatized to ensue good water quality at all times.