Titer Test In Brisbane?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole problem is thats vets want you to vaccinate.

I will see if I can get you the phone number for the lab and you can have a talk with them.

If we all start to make inquiries they may just start to do the test here.

Contact Us

www.vetpath.com.au

Our Contact Information

Office hours: (Note these are Western Australian Times)

Monday-Friday: 8.30 am - 7.00 pm

Saturday: 8.30 am - 5.00 pm

Sunday: 10.00 am - 1.00 pm

Public Holidays: 10.00 am - 1.00 pm

Emergency services are available outside these hours 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

Telephone: (08) 9277 9847

Fax: (08) 9277 6453

After Hours: 0418 916 436

Email: [email protected]

Postal Address: PO Box 18, BELMONT, Western Australia 6984

Physical Address: 39 Epsom Avenue, ASCOT, Western Australia 6104

The whole problem is thats vets want you to vaccinate.

I will see if I can get you the phone number for the lab and you can have a talk with them.

If we all start to make inquiries they may just start to do the test here.

I totally agree. The more people make inquiries the better!

I have had a friend contact the lab in Brisbane.

This is what they were told.

We used to do it, but the kits were not reliable enough.

We now send the tests to the USA on the first Friday of the month and they are back in approximately two weeks.

The test costs $90.

I have had a friend contact the lab in Brisbane.

This is what they were told.

We used to do it, but the kits were not reliable enough.

We now send the tests to the USA on the first Friday of the month and they are back in approximately two weeks.

The test costs $90.

well that sounds soooo much better than $500!!!!!

I am going to call my vet soon, and if they can't do it I will definitely follow up on this option :laugh:

Hey Laffi,

I've been meaning to get on to this one. Might be worth giving Animal Options (Rowan Kilmartin - 55466756) a call. He is a wholistic Vet who tries to avoid medicating where possible so may not be one to immunise for the sake of it. Mind you, he isn't cheap, but I'm pretty happy in how he treats the fur kids......

Tony

Hey Laffi,

I've been meaning to get on to this one. Might be worth giving Animal Options (Rowan Kilmartin - 55466756) a call. He is a wholistic Vet who tries to avoid medicating where possible so may not be one to immunise for the sake of it. Mind you, he isn't cheap, but I'm pretty happy in how he treats the fur kids......

Tony

:laugh:

I really appreciate it :laugh:

Hey Laffi,

Tony

:laugh:

I really appreciate it :laugh:

Yes......He is excellant.

Guest Tess32
Yep, I know what they are talking about.

I can't remember the name but the people who USED to do it here, now only have a lab in the US and they take 4 weeks to come back.

Tell whichever vet you choose to ring Vetpath in WA. THEY do the titer test results in Australia. If that fails, tell them to ring my vet in Melbourne as a last resort - he JUST did my test!

Tess32 can I ask how much the test was to have done here in Oz

Mine cost $60. You pay around $22 included in that for them to send the test on to the lab and the rest is the vet markup.

OK, just talked to my usual vet and the price they gave me for titer test would be $138....

When I asked which lab they are using they said Vetpath in WA. Usually my vet is excellent with prices but this time they are not so great.

Well still better then the Uni vets I guess.

ETA

Slightly off topic, but I have a 13mo who will be due for her vaccination soon. I am considering going for C3 rather than C5 as we don't use kennels anyway. Would that be a good idea? I am not sure about the Kennel Cough vaccination. I wanted to skip it but the Animal Options website says:

"Annual vaccinations for Kennel Cough (Bordetella & Leptospirosis) for dogs that are in contact with other dogs are a good idea."

Their website is excellent btw:

http://www.animaloptions.com.au/articles-a...-vaccinate.html

Edited by laffi

laffi could you tell me who your usual vet is? I have an almost 2 year old who will be due for her booster soon and wasn't planning on revaccinating just yet either.

My usual vet is AWL vet clinic. They advise annual vaccinations though and this would be the first time they will do the titer test. :laugh:

I want to do the titer test for my 2yo and vaccinate my 1yo (still haven't decided if it will be C3 or C5).

laffi could you tell me who your usual vet is? I have an almost 2 year old who will be due for her booster soon and wasn't planning on revaccinating just yet either.

My usual vet is AWL vet clinic. They advise annual vaccinations though and this would be the first time they will do the titer test. :mad

I want to do the titer test for my 2yo and vaccinate my 1yo (still haven't decided if it will be C3 or C5).

:laugh: You could split the difference and do a C4 :(

My usual vet is AWL vet clinic. They advise annual vaccinations though and this would be the first time they will do the titer test. :laugh:

:laugh: You could split the difference and do a C4 :(

:mad