Titer Test In Brisbane?

Where about is Acupet...what suburb.

Are you going to check and see if the vaccination has actually improved her titre level 14 days after the vaccination?

Apparently there is a strong possibility it may not have changed and you may have paid for a vaccination that has not improved your dogs immunity level.

When I was taking Silver to Esther for accupuncture she was working out of Indooroopilly Vets.

I'm not going to test again 14 days after the vet because either way I wouldn't do a second vacc so soon after this one. The vet didn't suggest it. Both dogs will be titre tested again in 12 months. :laugh:

Edited by New Age Outlaw

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought I'd let you know that Esther Horton (Acupet) and Rowan Kilmartin (Animal Options), who both encourage titre testing, and offer it, will be attending the Animal Wellness Day happening on June 22nd at the Samford Showgrounds. 10am to 4pm. They will be speaking and available to answer questions throughout the day.

I didn't realise Esther Horton did titre testing. I just drove 50km to Animal Options to have my guys done - Acupet would have been closer! :) Oh well. I have to say I was thrilled with the service I received at Animal Options - they did the test while I waited to save me having to come back all that distance.

The results are: Cleo Hepatitis 3, Parvo 4, Distemper 3 - so we decided to giver her a C3

Ziggy Hep 4, Parvo 5, Distemper 4 - so he didn't get a vacc.

They were both very brave so got ice creams when they came home.

When I called Acupet (Esther Horton) they quoted me ~$200 for titer testing w/ annual checkup. So I decided to drive 50k to Animal Options anyway.

When I called Acupet (Esther Horton) they quoted me ~$200 for titer testing w/ annual checkup. So I decided to drive 50k to Animal Options anyway.

Uh, good call! $200?? :cheer: I paid less than that today for 2 x titres tests plus 1 C3 vacc. It's an easy drive anyway. :)

Just a quick update. I took my dogs to Animal Options for the titer test for my 2yo and C3 for my 1yo. I was very impressed with their service.

I was informed already that my 2yo is immune, so it's great that I decided to do the titer test for her rather than over-vaccinate her.

Thank you for your help everyone :confused: