Any Tips?

Rhi

• 1 month later...

Hmm no replies ...

I haven't done this, but thought of it and got a starting point by putting treats under the mat and only allowing them the treats after they had pawed for them ... it was going quite well ... but never completed or got to the back feet ... maybe this will help?

or it's been too long since you asked and you've already figured something out :cheer:

Hmm no replies ...

I haven't done this, but thought of it and got a starting point by putting treats under the mat and only allowing them the treats after they had pawed for them ... it was going quite well ... but never completed or got to the back feet ... maybe this will help?

or it's been too long since you asked and you've already figured something out :(

Thanks for getting the ball rolling! Great suggestion.

I haven't mastered it yet. I was trying to get Sable 'touch' the mat and bridge as soon as his foot is on the mat. But he hasn't worked out what he is get rewarded for yet. We'll get there eventually.

Cheers

wouldnt it be better just to wipe the dogs feet yourself. seeing as the dog will only be really wiping its pads on the mat it wont be getting any further up the legs... it would be a cute trick to teach to show off to friends, but once the dog lays down or something its just going to get the rest of the mud and dirt off its legs everywhere... just a thought

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone who taught her hounds this through free-shaping with the clicker. Took her a while to get the back feet. Might help if you have a dog that kicks with his back feet after toileting.