Harvey

Paula-

Thanks everyone.

CBL, Harvey came from DAS - first known as 'Shifty' but that was so far off the mark that we changed it.

The Canberra Times and Win News are running his story, with the RSPCA calling for better planning for fireworks displays because of it. At least his death might make a difference :(

Hi Paula (and everyone else from CGAS)

Dakota was in tears when Dad told me about the article in the paper about Harvey.

How very very tragic.

Warm regards to everyone and perhaps the silver lining is that more people are aware of 1. the dangers of fireworks to animals and 2. the existence of the CGAS.

Kerrie

What a beautiful boy, a terrible tragedy, my condolences to his carer, so devastating to experience. I'm sure many of us could relate and you can either be lucky or unlucky at times like that, it's in the hands of fate.

I would actually like to see fireworks banned completely, I've always hated them because of how they affected animals. An awful waste of money and the cause of suffering, hardly a great idea.

Paula I saw the tribute on the CGAS page. I'm so so sorry for you all. What a tragedy.

Let's hope this brings about positive change and a complete ban of fireworks in the hands of 'ordinary folks' and much better advertising of planned public displays - surely we can't hope for an outright ban? Although that would be my idea of a good thing.

Harvey, RIP darling. You knew love, kindness, compassion, and most of all, what it meant to be a loved dog. :D :D

Harvey's death has been reported in the Canberra Times, TV news and radio, with John Hargreaves MP interviewed as well and supporting a ban of public fireworks. Let's hope :cry:

I'd hate to think of how much public money is spent every time there's a fireworks event - lost, straying and injured animals pouring into the pounds and shelter...

I sent a letter of complaint following the Queen's Birthday long weekend in 2006 - and NEVER received a government response. :laugh: That's just slack IMO - don't governments work for US in the end? :hug:

Harvey's death has been reported in the Canberra Times, TV news and radio, with John Hargreaves MP interviewed as well and supporting a ban of public fireworks. Let's hope :rolleyes:

If only something can be done Harvey's death won't have been totally in vain.

I'm so sorry Paula, devastating news.

Hi Paula

I must have my head under a rock because I have only just found out about this.

So sorry :(

I was in Deakin at a friend's house when the fireworks started so unexpectedly and they were very very loud and very very scary. I was actually quite frightened myself (and I'm a strong woman!) and immediately felt sorry for any animals in the area.

There was no warning or announcement about fireworks happening and I didn't even click it had something to do with the torch. There would have been a lot of elderly people scared that afternoon too.

RIP Harvey

Katie