Bronwyn

Greytmate

Greytmate, what a beautiful, gorgeous girl - and what a loving and long life. So sorry for your grief; may it fade for you in a way that Bronwyn never will. RIP lovely Bronwyn. The angels have you softly within their wings.

:confused:

RIP Bronwyn

What a sweet girl, you always hope they make old age, then when they go, you think they have been here for so long why cant they stay for longer ;)

Hugs to you Greytmate, I am going through the same pain.

Look for Carli, she will play with you Bronwyn.

:mad:confused::(

Thankyou for your kind thoughts everyone.

I had Bronny from when she was a little pup, she has been a part of my life for so many years.

I started training her from when I got her. She was so well-behaved, and never did most of the naughty things that puppies do. I entered her in obedience trials and she did very well. She wouldn't naturally retrieve though, so novice was as far as we got.

She helped introduce so many greyhounds to domestic life and she was excellent with them.

Bronny was a loyal dog and a good watch dog too. She was mostly quiet, but would cry in excitement whenever I got home from somewhere. That is the hardest thing now, getting home to total silence.

Bronny would follow me all the time. Unlike the greyhounds that will only get up and look for me if I am out of the room for a while, Bronny was constantly beside me. I miss that so much.

I have many good memories of Bronny. When I lived in Victoria, we would catch the train into town, and we would walk along the river at Southbank and have lunch at outdoor resturants. The people in the restaurants would bring her water and food. That was a time and a place where you could do that with your dog, off-lead, and nobody would mind at all.

She was a very serious dog, very dignified. But one of the funniest things she did was when I left her outside a large shop in Yarraville on a down stay. I was in the back of the shop when I saw her crawling towards me along the floor, still in the down position, but not doing the stay bit very well.

Poor Bronwyn got kennel cough a few years ago, and after that her voice was never the same, it had scarred her throat. In recent months, when I got home at night she would have trouble breathing as she was so excited at my arrival home. The vet gave her medication to reduce the inflammation in her throat, but aside from that she was a very healthy old thing.

Sadly, on Friday night when she started gasping for breath, she lapsed into unconciousness, and this time we could not revive her.

I love you Bronwyn and will never forget you. :):cheer: :cool:

post-2283-1209273532_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greytmate