Bjelkier

Spitz Breeds

62,818 posts in this topic

Bjelkier   

I have noticed that there are a few collective breed threads, like retrivers and giant fluffy breeds and I think its about time that all those lovely Spitz breeds should get one too as they are so popular :D

So lets get together and show off all those beautiful spitz dogs out there!

Spitz breeds welcome:

Samoyed, Finnish Lapphund, Swedish Lapphund, Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, Pomeranian, Norwegian Elkhound, Finnish Spitz, Swedish Vallhund, Basenji, Akita

Shiba Inu, Keeshond, Canaan Dog, Canadian Eskimo Dog, Chow Chow, Eurasier, German Spitz, Japanese Spitz, Norwegian Buhund and believe it or not the lovely Corgi.

I might have forgotten some.

These are the dogs recognised by the ANKC there are many more breeds out there in the wide world and all are welcome.

This is my boy, Samoyed Icemist Fatal Attraction, Mistral at about 7 and a half months old.

editedstack.jpg

Edt - to fix up photos.

Edited by Bjelkier

Rysup   

:D :D Sounds like a good idea to me! I love spitz breeds :mad

Here is one of my babies. I will soon have a little while fluff ball to baby sit for a few weeks, I cannot wait!

P1020223.jpg

Miss B   

Mistral is beautiful Leena!

This is our 10-week-old Sibe puppy, Minook.

th_Nook8.jpg

Norskgra   

Here are some of our.

Kasper 4 1/2 years

KasperJun08.jpg

Tyra 4 years

TyraJun08.jpg

Kari 3 years

KariJun08.jpg

Angel 11 months

AngelJun08.jpg

Shadow, 11 months

Shadow.jpg

Prada almost 9 weeks

PradaJun08.jpg

Edited by Norskgra

Kavik   

Spitz breeds are so beautiful! I'm just not sure I could handle all the hair . . .

Rysup   

They dont all have hair Kavik.....aka Basenji. Or coats no worse than a GSD eg Schipperke.

And its no where near as much work as it looks :) In the UK Keeshonds are often NEVER bathed. If they dont go outside often, they dont need it. Just a good brush.

Kavik   

Yeah I'm partial to Schipps - if I get a small dog they are on my list (had one as a kid)! Like the look of Basenjis a lot but descriptions of their temp not so much.

Bjelkier   
Yeah I'm partial to Schipps - if I get a small dog they are on my list (had one as a kid)! Like the look of Basenjis a lot but descriptions of their temp not so much.

I grew up with a Basenji (my best friend's dog) and he was just lovely, he went everywhere with us. He had been very well trained by my friends parents and it made him a truely charming dog.

Casvast: I havn't seen many Swedish Vallhunds, they are a beautiful looking dog :)

Bjelkier   

Casvast: What kind of temperment does the Swedish Vallhund have? Please forgive my ignorance, I 've just never had a chance to meet one and am quite curious.

Casvast: What kind of temperment does the Swedish Vallhund have? Please forgive my ignorance, I 've just never had a chance to meet one and am quite curious.

They are very smart and quick thinking. They are very cat like, rubbing up to you and in your face, or just happy to sit by themselves licking there paws.

They play rough and can be a bit yappy. They are not affraid of big dogs. :laugh: Though they can be shy of stangers.

I'm not really sure how to explain how wonderful they are.

I have 3 kids and 3 Vallhunds and a ridgeback. They are just perfect for us.

Cassie

post-17161-1213316604_thumb.jpgpost-17161-1213318074_thumb.jpg

post-17161-1213317998_thumb.jpg

Wow - i didn't know there were so many spitz breeds! I woudl love to own a japanese spitz one day but I'm not really a small dog kind of person (especially since I have such a big dog!)

This is my boy Zero...

post-23374-1213406631_thumb.jpg

post-23374-1213406654_thumb.jpg

post-23374-1213406671_thumb.jpg

post-23374-1213406683_thumb.jpg

TerraNik   
Zero and Jedo are so sweet, I love the pic of Jedi on his head :thumbsup:

Yes, Jedi has quite a bit of talent there!!

Casvat - he gets LOTS of cuddles! I can't wait until he grows his full coat so I can sink my hands and face into it and give him a massive hug (not that I don't do that now, but it will be nice with his big mane!!!!!!!)

Bjelkier   

Just a few more pics of Mistral

a very happy puppy

Goofy.jpg

putting up with being groomed

Saveme.jpg

standing still for three seconds

Naturalstack.jpg

and wishing I would stop following him around taking photos

Goaway.jpg