VACCINATIONS

Axel

What Vaccinations do you recommend?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What Vaccinations do you recommend?

• Bare minimum
    • C5
    • C7
    • Bare minimum + kennel caugh
    • C5 + kennel caugh
    • C7 + kennel caugh

Guest scottiebear

Boy wish I had seen this a few days ago!! I am strongly against the yrly, bi-yrly vaccinations :eek:

Our Wheaten Terrier(pts Aug 18/04) became deathly ill 5 days after booster(8.6yrs young!!) She was diagnosed with auto-immune hemolytic anemia. After fighting the condition for a month!! We found out she also had cancer which alone she probably would have lived for a few more yrs. maybe more but the AIHA weakened her system. She was on numerous meds. IV, whold blood transfusion etc. It was terrible :rofl::thumbsup: We finally just had to let her go. While some dogs do "bounce back" from this horrific disorder most peril, or have set backs and have to be medicated for the rest of their lives and I believe the vaccination was the culprit as do many professionals!!

Therefore in the future any animal we have (Scotti-bear right now) will have initial for first yr. than a Titer yrly. to check the vaccine present in their system. Unnecessary Vaccination Can Kill Your Pet :rofl:

In Loving Memory of Our Beloved Roxy,

Love Hugs and Kisses Your Family,

We Miss You :eek:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry of your loss. I hear about these kinds of stories all the time and it's so disturbing. A common thing, unfortunately is that, someone will come to me with a dog who has a bad ear infection and skin allergies. We'll change the diet, give remedies and offer only natural shampoos for use. The owners will ring a while later and say, Thank you! "Dog" is much better. We can't believe it.

Then a few months later they'll phone and say - Oh he's gone down hill. His skin allergies are back only worse! His hair is falling out and his ears are red and smelly!!!! I'll ask did you change his food? No. Have you used any different flea treatments or anything like that? No.... but we did vaccinate him last week.

ARGH!!!!

so each to their own but really research before you make decisions for your pets.

A series of vaccinations is given starting at 8 weeks and given 3-4 weeks apart up to 16 weeks of age. Another vaccination given sometime after 6 months of age (usually at l year 4 mo) will provide LIFETIME IMMUNITY.

So in other words my young dogs should get one more vacination (at 1.4 yrs) and then that's all they will require? I'll ask my vet about this - sounds great.

My boy has been vacinated with C5 which includes Kennel Cough. Several months ago at around 5-6 months of age he contracted KC from a dog park but due to the vaccine he hardly had any symptoms, whereas the unvaccinated dogs really got a bad dose. So it really does reduce the illness.

Okay here we go, I only use C4 on my dogs, as for puppies C4 as well. I priced the C7 with my last litter and found just far to expensive to vaccinate with C4 five puppies cost $160 it would have been cheaper with my other vet only $17 per vaccination, the C7 would have cost well over $300 for the litter. I have found that C4's work fine and suit my own situation. As my vet stated a C3 is sufficient as all other diseases are curable, unlike parvo,distemper, and hepatitis. But I like the C4's