What Do You Use?

trace

Fitz has never had a flea either, but I still have him on Frontline anyway, just to ensure that he stays clear of them. It only takes one to get into the carpets, and I hate the thought of them all over the house. I brought the excelpet flea treatment once as a stop gap measure and it really did smell bad, and it is unsuitable for use on Chihuahuas, so please be very careful when buying flea treatment. I had brought some, got it home, then found that I could not use it on Fitz. I have been using it on Frosty, and it is pretty good, it got rid of his fleas, and has kept them away, although I do find that if I wait a day or so extra to put it on (to corrispond with his bath), that the fleas are back. Frontline is a lot better and it does ticks as well. I think that if you live in an area that has paralysis ticks it is better to reapply every two weeks, but in a non paralysis area it is safe to do monthly. You have to check the dogs daily no matter what you use in a paralysis area, and using frontline will kill the little blitters.

I use heart guard, and a supermarket all wormer, and the dogs are doing well on this combo.

:(