Orijien Food

While you're there valby try the tuna treats...dogs go mental for them! It's my one stop shop for all my pups treats and dry....now if only they had barf patties too, I would never walk into a pet shop again...except for toys that is :confused:

Ahh the tuna treats :champagne:

I have never seen my two so nuts as when that packet rustles!

About to switch Patch over to Orijen too as he is nearly through his Nutro. Think I will switch Oscar too.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure All_Natural Vets in Drummoyne have it too.

I get mine online with PEtdeli - Kerry there is terrific! Free delivery in Sydney metro!

Angs has a very sensitive stomach and it have been going really well for him. I seriously thought it would be squirt city with the lack of changeover but nope!

There has been no instances of food left in the bwol since change over and I have even dropped down number of cups fed (compared to EP).

And do not get me started on how quickly Milo went through 400g (which reminds me I need to buy cat food on the way home).

Edited by Danois

I just thought in the end that my dog had a dull coat and that was that...how wrong I was, he looks like an oil slick now he is show shiny and toned and happy! It happened in less than a week of changing over, truly remarkable. Definitely worth a try.

The Brylcreem of dog foods. :confused:

Zero got a little hyperactive on the Orijen (i've been told it's because of the protein)

In theory, you feed much less of it so the total protein is the same as the other type food. I think.

I'm actually confused by the instructions. The feeding guide has a chart which says 1 cup for my dog for example. But then below it says feed twice a day. So is that 1 cup twice a day, or 1 cup total? I dunno.

When I tried the sample packs a few weeks ago, my cat by the way turned his nose up at the bowl of Orijen cat kibble and went back to his Royal Canin Maine Coon kibble, which he loves. Alfred, on the other hand, scoffed the lot and walked away from the still full bowl of Royal Canin Medium Junior kibble which he'd previously eaten without any complaints.

Also, I checked and the canned versions of Orijen for either dogs or cats won't be available in Australia, only the dry. Too much of a PITA with regulations to import canned pet food apparently.

I get mine off 4 paws...not sure if she delivers to Sydney?? I think from memory she does though. I've noticed some other websites are starting to offer it too...google it and see how you go. Did you use a trial pack Shell? They don't have the quantities on the back...chances are you were feeding too much, you need much less of it than any other food I've come across. E.g., my 11 kg 1 year old needs a max of 3/4 cup each day, EP holistic was a 1 and 1/4 cups. Maybe zero had lots of energy to burn off :confused:

Zero is on 1.5 cups of kibble and went down to a cup on orijen (and yes, it was the trial pack). I asked my vet about it - she said that it does it to some dogs because of the high levels of protein something about the way it's absorbed (she used a lot of big vet words!). Apparently she fed it to her dogs (she has 4) - all same breed, all within a kilo of eachother and 3 were fine, one went absolutely nutso on her, even after cutting it down to half of what the pack suggested she was a crazy dog!

I get mine online with PEtdeli - Kerry there is terrific! Free delivery in Sydney metro!

Yeah Kerry is fantastic :confused: Its free delivery with purchases over $70. I might get a sample pack to see how it goes with Darcy.

Yeah Kerry is fantastic :confused: Its free delivery with purchases over $70. I might get a sample pack to see how it goes with Darcy.

Ah! Over $70.

My order is never under $70 so had not realised.

We encourage customers to try the 400gram bags first. Without fail (to date), the return rate to move up to bigger bags is 100%. The food speaks for itself.

Our own dogs are doing exceptionally well. Penny - who is almost 12 and has bone cancer, is keen to eat again and enjoying her meals. She looks good, as does Evie who has finally stopped dropping coat!

Sags

I am lucky with my kids- they eat almost anything i put in front of them except Pedigree natural, optimum and they are even wary of Pro Plan!! They also like RC.

But tonight I have finally received my 13.5kg bag of Orijen Adult and will be feeding that from now on to 2 of them and the 3rd is on weight and osteo RC- so will probably change her as well when she has finished it!

They loved it but maybe im underfeeding?

Darcy is Mr Fusspot - you only have to look at his bowl thread to know that...Top will eat anything and everything!!! He even licked a lemon the other day...

Would love to know if Mr Fusspot likes this poocow...I'm betting yes :rofl: You'll have to post and let us all know, this thread is like a mini fan club :D It's really quite economical too when you look at the smaller amounts of it you need to feed.

Benson adores Orijen! :D I changed from EP around 4 1/2 mths ago too now and we are on our second bag for one dog (GR) and maybe just over half way through. I have him on Mega Oil, Dr Brusce Health Booster and Biotin as well during this same period of time due to incredible allergies problems where he was developing hot spot after hot spot and literally tore the skin off his head with his hind feet.

His overall condition had inproved incredibly he is much more energetic - before incredibly lathergic, his coat has transformed from coarse straw like texture to soft and thick, the itching and lick is still reducing each week and his poos are fantastic. He seems like a completely different dog from 5 mths ago!

I know it's not exclusively the food in our situation but I believe this combination has been what has turned Benson around from a miserable itchy boy to a dog that is really beginning to resemble a Golden Retriever again! :)

Darcy is Mr Fusspot - you only have to look at his bowl thread to know that...Top will eat anything and everything!!! He even licked a lemon the other day...

Would love to know if Mr Fusspot likes this poocow...I'm betting yes :D You'll have to post and let us all know, this thread is like a mini fan club :) It's really quite economical too when you look at the smaller amounts of it you need to feed.

Yeah I'm going to order a trial pack soon and see if he likes it. He isn't on a dry food only diet, he gets raw meat and chicken necks too.

I know Toppy will love it, he thinks everyday is the best day because he gets fed :D The EP has really made his coat shine though, everyones been commenting on it.

How much do they recommend you feed a 30kg dog per day? I feed Jyra raw and it costs us about $50/month. I think that if Origen's feeding guidelines are similar to Innova Evo's, a 13.5kg bag would probably last a month, making the cost $120/month instead of $50/month. I think I'll stick with the raw, but Origen is the only dry food that I would consider and what I would use if I HAD to switch to dry food. Considering that my parents are going to be paying for her food (and preparing it) soon, I think they'll stick with the raw too!