Orijien Food

I have just switched from Eagle Pack (Duck) to Orijien and its been great!

The delivery was delayed so I had almost run out of EP and did not get the whole transition across. Angs has a sensitive stomach (can't have lamb or roo) at the best of times and I had expected the consequences of the sudden food change - none! He also has a faster than normal digestive system.

He has gone from larger light brown smelly softer poo to smaller darker non-stinky poo. AND - no farting for 2 days!

I have switched the cat over too.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine are going really well on Orijen too.Been on it for about 4 months now,no complaints at all.I've had no customers say they've had troubles with change over either.

Some customers going from Eagle Pack to Orijen have said stools have become heaps less and smaller as well

Edited by 4 Paws

I was going to put a post up about Orijen dog food, only because I hadn't heard of it before - our dogs are fed Eagle Pack as well. I got a sample pack and had been feeding it to two of the jacks and like it has already been said - better results in the "poo" department :laugh:. Will get mum to check out the prices as well. What do you guys pay for your Orijen? if you don't mind me asking :D

I have not found an actual stockist in my area yet so just order it from the PEtdeli and get free delivery.

The cost is identical to EP - $120 for 13.5kg bag. Just realised you have 2 small dogs - they do a 7kg bag too which is around $70 I think.

I have also started on the Canine Country Barf (chicken and duck)

Edited by Danois

I have not found an actual stockist in my area yet so just order it from the PEtdeli and get free delivery.

Pretty sure All Natural Vet at Russell Lea had it last time I was there.. didn't look at the cost though .. I'm currently feeding Artemis.

Soon as it is can someone please post. I am going to try and order the senior food but would like to switch them all onto the fish based food to give them a variety from their raw diet.

GreatBigPuppy,where abouts are you located?The senior is out of stock in Aust.Expected to arrive tomorrow but may take a couple of weeks to get through customs

Edited by 4 Paws

Hey Mel

Based on EP I was feeding around 9 cups a day (70kg with fast digestion). I think EP guide was 8 cups. I was going through 3 bags of EP every 2 months.

For his weight Orijien guide says 5 3/4 - 6 cups. I am feeding 4 cups for breakfast and 2 cups at night with 500g of the barf.

I am slowly cutting the 4 cups down to 3 but will watch as Angs drops weight very easily.

My boy thrives on Orijen and I was one who switched from eaglepack holistic. I feed less of the orijen and enjoy the small less frequent black solid poops in the yard! My new pup is on supercoat (as she was on that at her breeders) I bought the tiniest bag of it I could find and am about to change her over to orijen puppy. I have great hopes it will fix the insane amount of poops and gas she has! She is tiny and can clear a room :eek:

Well I will be putting 2 of my dogs on Orijen Adult when i finally receive the order- they loved the trial packs.

Can i ask where you bought the trial packs from? online?