Orijien Food

I've had no consistency with my stafford pup's poos since being on the Orijen (as previously posted). And OMG the wind could make you puke!!!

So thanks to some great advice from DOL postes (see puppy problems forum) he's been on a raw diet since last Thursday - and he's had a 200% turnaround... not ONE SINGLE runny poo and NO WIND!!!!!!!!! He's also gone from gobbling down his dry in about 30 seconds to at least a 5-10 min chomp on his wings/necks, which is great.

So the Orijen has now gone to the cupboard for emergencies only and he's a raw food boy now - and loving it!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed Jedi and Ahsoka over from EP to Orijen because they were both not fussed on the EP - had to mix it with mince for them to touch it.

And well... I think they are both converts!!!!!! When I first opened the packet and gave them a bit to try they SCOFFED it down so quickly!! I decided to do an experiment a few days later and put out some chicken necks and some Orijen.... Both of them (previously raw lovers) went for the Orijen!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, it's staying in our place! It's so nice to be able to just put the dry in a bowl and feed it rather than trying to 'spruce it up' with some mince!

My whippets were both raw fed, but I have changed my girl over to Orijin. She has had skin problems for the last few months and the vet has not been able to find a cause. We were spending so much on vet visits i decided to try her on Orijin. She still has a raw breakfast but has Orijin for dinner. No poo or fart problems and her skin has completely cleared up. Here are some before and after pics:

11008.jpg

311008.jpg

I have toy breeds and ordered a small bag of orijen the other day. I am currently feeding Iams. Still waiting on it's arrival but I'm hoping the extra oils help their coat and the probiotics help the poohs. My older one is also overweight and after reading up on orijen and comparing other brands, I think this could be the one to help us out. High protein to fill him up rather than useless carbs in all the wheat and grains of other foods.

My youngest has never had a runny shit in his life, always small dark stools but they turn white after a couple of days (when I am slack and don't pick up)I am told this is from high bone content in his diet?. Older boy has runny shits about 1 in 4 movements and very strange colours when solid (anything from black to bright yellow). He only farts about once a week but it is rancid the smell.

So once my bag arrives, I will be able to judge it based on the reaction of one techincally "pooh healthy" and the other "occassional sloppy".

I'm very excited :thumbsup:

keep us updated :thumbsup: ! i'm still contemplating whether or not to try it out..!

I had Rossi and Keesha on it for a little while and while their coats were really shiny and Keesha lost a little bit of weight (which she did need) I was feeding Rossi 7+ cups a day and he still wasn't gaining weight and also their farts would clear a room :rofl:

I have put them back on to Eagle Pack (the adult formula ATM), Rossi has steadily been putting on weight since switching (on 5 cups not 7+) and there are no more farts from either of them yayy :rofl: