Orijien Food

I buy Martha's Orijen puppy food from Petarazzi, which is on High St, Westgarth in Melbourne.

I've never fed her anything else. I did a lot of reading and I'm convinced it's the best food. I didn't even realise it was faddish.

I'd like to feed her kibble in the morning and raw food at night. Do others do this? Is this a good way to go?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh he is - you'd think I was trying to poison him the way he turns up his nose at food! He is not a typical cocker at all, very much broken! He gets raw meat as well as dry, so its not like I'm depriving the poor dog!

Hes still digging at the bowl when he eats, but I'm afraid Orijen will not cure that :rofl:

I hear ya - my Ragdoll is broken too :cheer: they are meant to be a quite cat but NOOO I have the chatties Raggy in the world! :rofl:

Mine are just plain broken! Border Collies are meant to be smart but I got a dumb one. He ran full pelt into a park bench today...just because he could....

Darcy is still eating the orijen :cheer:

:cry::eek::o

Great news that Darcy is still eating it! :cheer:

I've had my adult wei on it for 3 days. Day 1 he loved it, day 2 he ate it slower and now day three he doesn't really care for it and wants me to put mince through it like I use to do to his eagle pack. I thought it would take months for him to get sick of it by it self. He is doing smaller poos which is good but they aren't very firm. Anyone having similar results?

I wish they had a low fat version of orijen! I would really like to put Zero back on it now that we're walking more but since he's on a diet, i don't want to risk him putting weight back on until he's at the weight he's supposed to be!

I wish they had a low fat version of orijen! I would really like to put Zero back on it now that we're walking more but since he's on a diet, i don't want to risk him putting weight back on until he's at the weight he's supposed to be!

I have actually found that my boy lost a little weight since starting on it and is at a nice even weight now!

ed4s

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Does anyone know who the WA distributor is for Orijen? or even the Australian one.

I order mine online from Pookinuk. It cost $5 to get it delivered. The adult formula came straight away but the the adult large breed formula is on back order. My adult wei doesn't really like dry food - never has so I mix mince through it. The went of the orijen even with mince in it until I realized that he just didn't want the mince in it and now eats it all dry!

I order mine online from Pookinuk. It cost $5 to get it delivered. The adult formula came straight away but the the adult large breed formula is on back order. My adult wei doesn't really like dry food - never has so I mix mince through it. The went of the orijen even with mince in it until I realized that he just didn't want the mince in it and now eats it all dry!

:D That's so funny!!! Both of mine are still loving it but i will try the Artemis as well and then I tried all high quality dry foods and really can compare! With the Orijen I love that you only have to feed small amounts to!

:p I feel a bit silly - realised that swapping down from EP to orijen was just that EP works in grams and I measured it into cups for ease :D

Both of my guys are loving it - just went and bought a 13.5kg bag today so it will be interesting to see how long it lasts with 2 x 40+kg dogs whether it works out more cost effective than the EP....

I'm about to start my 12 mth old lab on Orijen Adult (she's currently on Science Diet but has only been for a week as before she was in rescue). Since I ordered the 13.5kg bag I keep hearing how it can make them super-hyper. She gets 1 - 1.5 hrs exercise a day (over 3 walks) but I don't want to encourage too much more hyperactivity in her as we are at work during the day so she is home alone. Any ideas??

Toppy will go onto Orijen once we run out of EP. The only thing I'm worried about is the protein content. Top has an OCD licking problem and I've been reading up on it - treatments include medication, more than 20mins exercise (he gets 1hr+ run daily) and switching to a low protein food. The thing is he isn't hypo or bouncing off the walls on EP so would the change to orijen really affect him that much.

I'm going to try and book him into a vet behaviouralist but can't afford SABS $600 fee :D at the moment. The resident vet behaviouralist at my work is away at the moment too, dammit!

Edit for spelling

Edited by poocow