Separation Anxiety

Ciara

im sure, but i dont know how. one day when i have enough money ill take him to an expert to diagnose him and learn what to do, but until then, all my positive reinforcement methods i have tried havnt done a single thing, so im not going to do anything at all.

I am glad that I have found this thread. Suddenly this week, Roxy has started to whine and cry when she goes into her pen at night and in the morning. The rest of the time that I am home she is allowed both in the laundry and the back yard, but when it is sleep time and during the day she is in there. It is a good size pen, has a clam, shelter, bed and toys. I think also cause my OH is away this week she has been getting a bit more attention and therefore thinks that she can always be around. Also yesterday, was monday, I got home late which scared her and also it was the first day after the weekend when she gets heaps of attention cause we are home.

At the moment I am just ignoring her when she does this in the hope that it will work, that she learns that crying won't get her anywhere and she will quiet down, this usually only takes about a half hour, but if I turn the bathroom light on or something she starts all over again. It really breaks my heart to hear her do this.