'might' Be Selling Our Nikon D50

Hi everyone :clap:

Nothing set in concrete yet, but my husband really wants a Nikon D300 !!!! :clap:

He's been into photography for years, and we have a Nikon D50.

It has been used a fair bit !!! but is in great working condition still ! ;)

I don't think he's intending on selling any of his lenses ( apart from the kit one). Will use them for the D300.

He's been looking into the D300 for a while now, but lack of money has stopped him from getting one.

He doesn't know i am writing this, but if anyone is looking around for a second hand D50, let me know :)

I'm not sure how much he would want for it, or how much they are going for second hand these days? ( probably not a lot)

So just putting it out there, if anyone might be on the lookout for one at some stage ? ;)

Oh and reason i haven't put this in the buy, sell section yet, is because it's not 'official' just yet ..

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

.... Nikon D50 ... I'm not sure how much he would want for it, or how much they are going for second hand these days? ...

You can get a used body in the $300-400 range, but they usually sell word of mouth and don't need to get advertised, it is a good model. One sold locally recently for $750 but the buyer hadn't done his pricing homework. (Even a D70 body you can get for $300-500, and that was the 'next model up' - both now superseded).

It would be a pity to sell a D50 though, then regret it. Is there any way he could wait just a bit longer to get the D300, and keep the D50 as a back-up/spare?

Hey Jules....

Good time to buy a D300 as the D700 came out on 1/7........The D700 is a full frame but Michaels probably sussed this all out hey!!! Hope you're feelin better !!!!!! Might email you......how depressing is this weather.......!

Leanne