Optimum Dog Food Anyone Tried It?

• 4 weeks later...

I was feeding my dog "Principle" and was running low so purchased a 4kg bag of Optimum $14 approx. emptied it into my food bin with some principle still in the bin and I couldnt tell the difference, same shape ..colour etc. I spend $62 for a 20kg bag of Principle.

But hey the Optimum bag is shiney!!! jk

My boy loves Principle or the Optimum as it happens. He also gets fresh roo meat, a chicken carcas every other day and a spoon of yoghurt (cos he loves it).

He is happy healthy and so are his "poooos" :D :) :D

I have also fed him Eukanuba, Hills, Advanced.

Just my experience

love n drools

Caz n Odin

Edited by DogueLover

I used principle puppy with all mine.. I used to get it by the 20kg bag from Hay you now Petwise.

From what I was told, Principle was aimed at the higher shopping centre market, but did not doo too well as most people who bought in supermarket bought lower priced brands (ie lucky dog and pal)..Trying to get the large bag was always a problem as no one sold it.

Will see with a name change it will sell better than principle...But if it is still targeting the supermarket shopper.. maybe it will come the to same problem. THen trying to beat Eaukanuba or Iams in a pet store is also hard to beat...(ever notice sales people always direct you to the MOST expensive dog food??)

I bought a bag of Optimum the other day but i am yet to open it, i only bought it cause it was on special the other day and i wanted to try it so i bought it, think is this week i started on BARF and the like and havent got around to finishing off the other bag of Purina.

I will feed him some tomorrow. see how he goes.

Thanks Natasha & Nova

After having Bella on several different dry foods and her climbing the walls at 11.30pm and being a hyperactive terror :rolleyes: ;

I returned my last unopend bag of Pedigree to Coles , got a refund and purchased the 'new look' Optimum,

had to remind hubbie NOT to give her 3 cups a day of the stuff :o

she's settled down considerable, still playfull at night but nowhere near as a loon

actually she's asleep behind me whereas last week she was bouncing off the wall.

Her poos are also small and wayyyyyyy less smelly !

It's more expensive but it seems to be the best thing for her, that and Nature's gift cans, vegies , some pasta/rice , fruit , bones, chicken necks and cuttle fish bones (gosh I hope they are ok to eat as she nibbles on them sometimes when she finds them on the beach)

Optimum is working well for us !

Not one of my guys here has refused it yet!

I buy Optimum Puppy for my bubs now and have raised 3 litters on it and they all did brilliantly.

Not fond of the cost feeding anywhere between 8-15 pups but it's worth it because they do so well on it (and the chicken mince/necks/brisket etc).

And I love the smell of it! :rolleyes:

Coles now have their own version of Natures Gift........ Natures Choice. Looks and smells and reads to be exactly the same ingredients...roughly the same price too. The dogs love it too.

Edited by Cordelia