Snooza Beds

Hi All,

I have an eleven-week old Lab. She has a lovely, cosy bed inside, which has a very hand detachable mat. But I'm converting a small shed outside into a kennel, and it has a concrete floor which will be too cold and hard for her to sleep on. I was thinking of getting one of those Snooza raised beds. Alternatively, I have some wooden pallets — I could those to get her off the floor then get a Snooza pet futon. (Or equivalent bedding.)

So, my questions are:

1. has anyone got Snooza beds? Which one do you have? Do you recommend them?

2. would an adult Labrador need a large or extra-large?

I have a snooza bed for my dog who is 'lab sized'. It is a large (there was only 1 larger) and it fits her nicely, it's a flea free one and I bought a padded snooza pad to use in winter, it's covered in polar fleece and I can just chuck it in the washing machine. Great beds, I highly recommend them.

Your 11 week old cute little bundle of joy is going to turn into a gremlin that destorys anything that isn't quick enough to get away from her in a number of weeks. I wouldn't spend that much money on a snooza bed until i knew she was past the destucto stage. My 11 month old Golden Retriever ate his 3rd doggie door and about his 10th bed today. I have decided not to replace or fix anything unessential until he has finished his mission of destruction.

Hi All,

I have an eleven-week old Lab. She has a lovely, cosy bed inside, which has a very hand detachable mat. But I'm converting a small shed outside into a kennel, and it has a concrete floor which will be too cold and hard for her to sleep on. I was thinking of getting one of those Snooza raised beds. Alternatively, I have some wooden pallets — I could those to get her off the floor then get a Snooza pet futon. (Or equivalent bedding.)

So, my questions are:

1. has anyone got Snooza beds? Which one do you have? Do you recommend them?

2. would an adult Labrador need a large or extra-large?

I have two snooza raised beds L and XL. My golden retiever girl prefers the L one (more cosy I think :laugh: )

I also have snooza futons and snooza cuddler, the latter is the greatest hit :D

Our guys who have destroyed all their outside mats have still not managed to do any damage to the D1000' - it's been two months and I am seriously impresssed!!!!

eta - if you are after a raised bed can I reccomend the BFB from Greats Rugs. I first saw them at our local pound and they are so tough - 3 years on and they are still intact and looking good. You can get them here www.greatrugs.com.au and they are undewr heavy duty beds

(

B.F.B) Better Framed Bed

Galvanised steel frame resists rust whilst the improved mesh mat keeps your dog comfortable as well as being waterproof, chew resistant and flea retardant. The mat is fixed to the frame.

Edited by Winterpaws

Our guys who have destroyed all their outside mats have still not managed to do any damage to the D1000' - it's been two months and I am seriously impresssed!!!!

Another vote for the D1000 here. We have 3 of them, which have survived not only Miss Jatz the german destroyer, but a fair few fosters (including the odd lab)

My red one has holes in two corners, but the cream two are fine. Somehow, the red material feels "stiffer" and it rubbed against the crate and finished up with holes in two opposite corners.

Hey i have a snooza bed for my shepherd too. Its a large one and i also throw polar fleece blankets on top of the bed to keep him warmer($3 from the reject shop!) He is 5 months old and still hasnt torn it apart! he loves his bed! his is just the simple heshian ones!

Botheration. If you are going to get snooza bedding then spend the extra and get the D1000, you can lie it on a pallet. It isn't complety indestructable as my small dogs have chewed a couple of corners, however, they are extremely strong, will give some comfort and mine have been through sun and rain and are still going strong unlike many of the other Snooza beds I purchased. It's worth spending a bit extra or you'll find false economy.

Keep in mind that Snooza will repair damage at no cost. We sell a lot of D1000's, particularly the bigger sizes, and the feedback is always positive. Our staff buy them too! If there is any chewing that gets through, then use your Snooza guarantee, they are always a pleasure to deal with.

Sags

We have a raised green bed for outside that looks similar to the Snooza Flea-Free Dog Bed

but was a fraction of the price (not sure where it came from).

Sometimes I plonk the Snooza Futon on it. Love that the covers are easily washable.

The futon gets used indoors, outdoors, in the car, for camping etc.

Curse you all for suggesting the most expensive option!!!

*shakes fist at sky*

However, your reasoning is spot on. She does need the toughest option.Plus it's all weather, right? So can be in cosy kennel or out in shady spot in summer. And it looks quite attractive to me.

Amazingly, her inside bed is the only thing she doesn't chew. So let's hope she treats the D1000 the same.

Now just have to sweet talk His Highness into it! We may be coming out to see you soon Sag!

PS Winterpaws, thanks for the heads up on the Great Rugs beds. They look great — like the Snoozas but a bit cheaper.

happy snoozer users here. we have

2 x D1000 excellent

4 snooza snugglers ( the older girls love them

3 snooza futons great stuff and a couple of other snoozer products.

needless to say i am a snooza fan

BTW I have retired maremmas here and they have takne to the life of sloth and luxury as if they were born to it LOL

Botheration, seeing as you are in Melbourne, it is worth subscribing to the Snooza website. They have warehouse sales every 3/6 months and you can get great discounts on Snooza beds. It's a bit like a Myer stocktake sale when the doors open, and they don't always have every item on sale, but the standard futons and raised beds are usually there and if you buy a few things you get a larger discount.

Botheration, seeing as you are in Melbourne, it is worth subscribing to the Snooza website. They have warehouse sales every 3/6 months and you can get great discounts on Snooza beds. It's a bit like a Myer stocktake sale when the doors open, and they don't always have every item on sale, but the standard futons and raised beds are usually there and if you buy a few things you get a larger discount.

Thanks Fozzie, I just subscribed. I note the website says the next sale is mid-September. Given that Martha has an indoor bed and this will be an outdoor bed for summer, I'm going to put off buying until then.

Hoorah!

Curse you all for suggesting the most expensive option!!!

*shakes fist at sky*

However, your reasoning is spot on. She does need the toughest option.Plus it's all weather, right? So can be in cosy kennel or out in shady spot in summer. And it looks quite attractive to me.

Amazingly, her inside bed is the only thing she doesn't chew. So let's hope she treats the D1000 the same.

Now just have to sweet talk His Highness into it! We may be coming out to see you soon Sag!

PS Winterpaws, thanks for the heads up on the Great Rugs beds. They look great — like the Snoozas but a bit cheaper.

its not cheaper if you have to keep replacing it, we had the great rug beds at the boarding kennels, not one had to be replaced in 4 yrs.

4 snooza snugglers ( the older girls love them

BTW I have retired maremmas here and they have takne to the life of sloth and luxury as if they were born to it LOL

Had to go and look up the snugglers

Your maremmas get under their blankies? Photo please?