• Morning
    • Lunch
    • other

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was this thing on Sunrise, did they give any explanation?

It was about destructive dogs, but the vet mentioned that it was better to feed in the morning (no explanation) and that you can put the dogs kibble into a buster cube or something to keep them occupied.

Hmm. Would have been interesting to find out why, maybe they meant that if you feed a destructive dog in the morning they are less likely to destroy because they're all full of food & would rather sleep in the sun than dig to China :confused:

I feed my beagle and husky in the morning and the morning only, to keep them lean as they put weight on very easily and feeding in the morning is supposed to help with weight control.

Cherry I feed twice a day, morning and night.

I feed twice a day at 5.30am and 5.30pm. Our feeding schedule is predicted by my epileptic Pug. The morning meal is smaller then the evening meal.

Bloat is a condition that affects large breeds and or deep chested dogs. The intestines/stomach twist and this casues a build up of air and secretions. The stomach can also twist over and around other vital organs and it supresses blood flow and therefore oxygen to the organs and the stomach.

I feed my dog after I eat brekkie and dinner.

I used to only give her her food in kongs, bones etc but am trying to emphasise pack structure so make it a big deal that she eats after me.

Hmm, never thought about only feeding once a day.

Is it supposed to be better?

I feed my beagle and husky in the morning and the morning only, to keep them lean as they put weight on very easily and feeding in the morning is supposed to help with weight control.

Cherry I feed twice a day, morning and night.

I feed both my dogs in the morning. My lab needs all the help she can get to burn off the calories, rather than letting it sit unused overnight.

My ACD became constipated so I thought the exercise during the day would keep things moving.

These may be fallacies but it seems to work. :thumbsup:

Cheers

I used to only give her her food in kongs, bones etc but am trying to emphasise pack structure so make it a big deal that she eats after me.

IMO that's a furphy. I am sure some will disagree though. :thumbsup:

Its just part of the "new regime"- which is working brilliantly, so I am sold on the pack structure theory.

It doesn't hurt to do make her wait, and I do think that the actually feeding rather than leaving the kongs has made an impact. She still gets bones etc when we go out for a couple of hours, but now she understands I have the power over when she gets food.

I do the opposite, I feed right before they go to bed as otherwise they end up looking anorexic, they work it off so quickly