Goodbye For Now Sophie

cavNrott

I apologise profusely - I only just noticed this thread!

RIP Sophie and watch over your Mum.

I hope that soon each day gets alittle easier for you Anne. She was truly a beautiful being and the love you two had was something very very special.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart is breaking for you and your family and Sophie,

I remember reading about her and what you have been through, if i ever need to be, i hope i am as strong as you both were in fighting this battle together, Sophie's battles are now over and she can rest at rainbow's brigde.

I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this but since it is about the passing of my beloved Sophie, I will post it here.

Yesterday I had a beautiful flower arrangement delivered. The lovely perfume is all through my house. A beautiful surprise and a lovely gift from the very kind and thoughtful Staffyluv.

That you would think so kindly of me and acknowledge my deep loss of my special dog touched me deeply. For the rest of my life, every time I smell that perfume it will remind me of Sophie.

Five minutes ago my door bell rang and the flower delivery man was here with a glorious flower arrangement. I'm incapable of sensible thought and completely overwhelmed.

BluePoppy and Oonga, I thank you so very much. Your compassion, kindness and understanding will never be forgotten. The flower arrangement is beautiful just as Sophie was.

These gifts brought me to tears but they are tears of gratitude to you for being so thoughful and kind to me at such a dark time.

I have placed these flowers in my bedroom one arrangement next to Sophie's photo on the table on 'her side' of my bed. The other one is on my dressing table beside a smiling Sophie photo.

The words 'thank you' don't seem adequate for the kindness you have shown me.

I'm glad that you got them ok cavNrott...

I know that Sophie will not return for a couple more days and wanted something for you to look at to remember the love she bought to your house and the love that you shared for the time that she was here...

If visiting you was possible then i would be there in a flash just to give you a big hug, It's such a hard time adjusting to life after caring for a loved fur friend with cancer...

Look after yourself and you know that we are thinking of you...

Oh, Anne, I am so sorry to hear that your beloved Sophie has moved on. She was a wonderful girl in health, and fought the brave fight for so long, with you by her side.

There was, and will be, only one Sophie, but she lives on in your memory, and in that special place where you cannot see her - but she sees you, and knows how much you loved her and love her still.

They are lent to us for such a short time, and they give us their all in that time. All we can do is love them, and understand and be with them when it is their time to go back home.

I will be thinking of you, amd hoping these days and weeks are not too difficult for you. :(:laugh:

The little hairy people are wanting to give comfort :laugh: and they will help you.

Thank you again for your kind thoughts and words, they mean a lot to me.

It will be a week at 12.08 today since Sophie was put to rest. She is so very sadly missed and I will miss her forever.

I'm awaiting the return of her ashes so I can bring her back home.

Rest In Peace, my darling girl.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. This is certainly heavy going. Sophie and I have been together every day for 7 1/2 years. I have to learn to live without her now.

rmc the ashes won't be back until Wednesday. The box they made wasn't big enough so they had to have a larger one made. I think once I have her back home I can start to get some closure.

• 3 months later...