A Cat Topic!

Guest english.ivy

When we had himies and chinchilla persians growing up, my mom fed them on science diet hairball formula, they were lion clipped in the summer with that hairball goo on their paws every fortnight. We also has a small piece of copper in their water ceramic bowls and made sure they has fresh grass to munch on..

Guest june.andnovas
vet time soon? I'm just wondering how long you are going to fiddle with his diet and internet research before you get a health check for your animal from a professional?

you only know what i have been writing in here .. don't judge a book by its cover.

Guest june.andnovas
When we had himies and chinchilla persians growing up, my mom fed them on science diet hairball formula, they were lion clipped in the summer with that hairball goo on their paws every fortnight. We also has a small piece of copper in their water ceramic bowls and made sure they has fresh grass to munch on..

do you know how the copper worked?

Hi, Please see a vet ASAP. Cats have very small and vulnerable organs, any coughing etc. should be thoroughly investigated immediately. No one can 'guess' what it could be I'm afraid. It could even be lung cancer, worms, hairballs, throat tumour etc. I have trouble thinking it is food related. Please just find out for sure, even though the cat 'only has a cough and is HEALTHY otherwise', that actually means it is UNHEALTHY and something is wrong. It is in no way normal for any animal to have an ongoing cough. :):(

OOps. Just to add, if the cat has been coughing for an extended period it may not have anything to do with 'hairballs' as the cat should have vomited these up at different times and then no coughing for a long time. If hairballs are not vomited up, the cat would be constipated and very ill after such a long time. Do you have a litter tray? can you check the cat's toilet??

Again, please see a vet.

don't plan on taking him to the vet as his health is good overall .. though he is chubby.
he's had the cough on and off for around 12 months but only just now it has become regular.
but yeah vet time very very soon!

What more do you want to write? If a cat is coughing and overweight you cannot claim his overall health is good. I was just wondering at what point you finally take your animals to a professional?

Edited by Nekhbet