Very Itchy Wee Chi Girl

SueM

I have a wee rescue chi that I ended up adopting, when I first got her she had a fair bit of hair missing on her back, this has all grown back but she is still extremely itchy spends a lot of her day scratching,she is fed Royal Canine Mini light any suggestions, ps she is washed in a medicated shampoo every two weeks as she gets very flakey also.

Get her off all grains!!!!! This would included the current food she is on.

Change her over to bones and raw food.

Does she have a funny yeasty like smell? If so I can guarantee you that it's from a grain overload.

It will take a while for her body to detox once she is onto a different diet so in the mean time to provide her with some relief you can use a human antihistamine such as Claratyne once daily (1/4 for her size) to help relieve some of the itching.

Try a less harsh shampoo such as one that contains Evening Primrose Oil

Vari, now you are on the northside, you may want to check out http://www.bigdogpetfoods.com/ at Lawnton. They manufacture the barf patties and also their own line of raw foods. I buy my meat from there.

Thanks I will give it a go, although Harvey will have to stay on his food every time I do change his epilepsy triggers and he is good on the RC so far touch wood :thumbsup:

varicool, frodo has a flea allergy and only needs one bite to be itchy constantly for weeks. I found that the PAW range of shampoo for sensative skin really helped in soothing his skin and stopping the itchies :thumbsup: Initially I used sebazole a couple of times just make sure it was nothing more nasty tho

varicool, frodo has a flea allergy and only needs one bite to be itchy constantly for weeks. I found that the PAW range of shampoo for sensative skin really helped in soothing his skin and stopping the itchies :grimace: Initially I used sebazole a couple of times just make sure it was nothing more nasty tho

Thanks havent heard of that will def get some :thumbsup: