Zooming In On A Raw File

Ripley

...hand holding/long lens technique will get better the more you practice. ...

Wish that worked for me even with shorter lenses, no such luck. My hands/shoulder are not super-steady. So I rely on a monopod or tripod rather than anti-shake lenses. But you can get caught out: at the Buckskin Show at the weekend I was on my own and moving back and forth between two rings and the tripod made it a tad slow to move around so I hand-held quite a bit. And here's the result until fixed in photoshop: horizons so off level, one of my total pet pet hates. Back to the tripod for me.

DSC_6732A.jpg

ETA:

And Ripley, did you get the shot I ordered of Greyfriars Bobby statue?? Enjoying your shots and trip reports.

The statue? Is that near the pub? Got the pub shot and Bobby's grave stone which has lots of fluffy dog toys in front of it people have put there - how sweet. I'll put them up when I copy the shots from OH's laptop to our home computer.

My horizons are always wonky. I think it's my eyesight. I were my prescription sunnies when outside so when I look through the viewfinder things aren't clear as up close I don't need glasses, so I change the diopeter thingy but still, they are wonky. I have a photo of the leaning tower of Big Ben. :laugh: