Beau's Burn

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks CL. I amhoping it wil heal nicely, but if not he is still my boy, we will just have to persue other things.

BB - I know I have worked as a vet nurse (about 8 years ago) in a country clinic and even we had heat pads, wich were completely safe, temprature controlled etc..... I boggles the mind to think how it happened in a well equiped modern clinic.

CG in places it is very lumpy and it is quite tickened, because of where it is (on his RHS flank) and how brittle and dry the scar tissue is, it affects his extension and is uncomfortable for him. It is also very pink so would be a concern in the sun.

This pic gives and indication of what size it is now.....

It was massive before :thumbsup:

post-15490-1225835641_thumb.jpg

Oh that poor poor boy, what an awful thing to happen. I missed your original post about this and I am sitting here shaking my head :thumbsup: at the fact that you weren't told the truth immediately so this poor boy could be treated accordingly.

Hope he heals well and isn't in too much pain.

Thanks to everybody for the kind thoughts :thumbsup:

Occasionally he will have a bad day, usually after he has been particularly active the day before, and he has pain relief then but most of the time he is so tolerant of it, and me for having to do things to him all the time :thumbsup:

How can you not love this face??? :confused:

GG

post-15490-1225848458_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys :o

I dropped the boy off this morning and had a quick chat to the vet. I will call at 3 just to see what is happeing with him, I will let you know. I am ataying at home with him for the rest of the week just to make sure he is ok.

I am really nervous.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

GG

Hi Guys,

Well I picked the boy up yesterday arvo and even for me it was a bit shocking :thumbsup:

He has such a huge incision, and the stiches are very tight due to the ammount of scar tissue that had to be removed.

But he is very good about it, he is understandably in pain but his tail is still wagging and he is still excited about food so they are good signs :thumbsup:

I hope this is the last painful horrible thing he has to go through.

GG

ETA sorry for the crap picture, but you can see his tail is still wagging!

post-15490-1226443201_thumb.jpg

Edited by goldengirl