Beau's Burn

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man that is huge :) but I think it could be the best chance for him to be back in the ring next year! Everything crossed it heals super quick! :eek:

I totally agree, it's huge but I think it gives him the best chance :o:idea:

Yes you guys are right but you know I still blame myself for this :o

WOW! I am still amazed at this even happened.

It does look huge, but it looks so much better and not as sore as the burn. Will this take most of the pain away for him?

Poor boy :)

We hope so TB, the scar was still very painful for him because of where it was on his flank whenever he extended it 'streched' the scar and it sometimes tore a bit :mad so in the long run this wil be better.

I hope

Edited by goldengirl

Thanks FTPO, but I just look at him and think I did this all because I wanted him to bein the show ring and hopefully be able to sire a litter :rofl: sigh.

GG the way I look at it at least you want for your dog! Too many are left in backyards to rot, never played with, walked or cared for. See Beau is lucky IMO as he has an owner who wants to show him off and groom him and train him and loves him so incredibly. However the neglect of another has made you doubt yourself when you should actually be patting yourself on the back for being a fantastic pet owner! OK!!! :)

I am horrified at the size of the poor boys wound!

Its massive! Glad they are taking account for it and not making you pey for treatment. Hope you can still show him as he is beautiful!

Im sure he will still be able to sire a litter if he isnt able to be shown. Or did you want him to have his title or whatever its called in the show world?

Well I picked the boy up yesterday arvo and even for me it was a bit shocking :mad

oh the poor fella, bless him with his big smile & waggy tail. :laugh:

sorry I missed your first thread, wow, I'm stunned at what happened to your boy.

You are not to blame, in any way shape or form!!!

After all of this, burns, surgery etc, how did his hips come back :laugh:

Oh gosh - I've only just seen this thread and am horrified, but glad Beau is on the mend.

Burns are a lot worse if treatment is delayed - so by denying what happened (initially) did they cause his injury to be worse that it would have been if he had been given prompt treatment?

Do you know why they didnt tell you and left him without proper care for three weeks? :laugh:

Thanks FTPO, but I just look at him and think I did this all because I wanted him to bein the show ring and hopefully be able to sire a litter :cry: sigh.

GG the way I look at it at least you want for your dog! Too many are left in backyards to rot, never played with, walked or cared for. See Beau is lucky IMO as he has an owner who wants to show him off and groom him and train him and loves him so incredibly. However the neglect of another has made you doubt yourself when you should actually be patting yourself on the back for being a fantastic pet owner! OK!!! :laugh:

Thanks FTPO. I really do try to do the best by them, it is so hard when things like this happen. Sigh

I am horrified at the size of the poor boys wound!

Its massive! Glad they are taking account for it and not making you pey for treatment. Hope you can still show him as he is beautiful!

Im sure he will still be able to sire a litter if he isnt able to be shown. Or did you want him to have his title or whatever its called in the show world?

SLLH, I would love for Beau to be able to prove himself in the ring before (and if) he sires a litter. However we may end up focusing on obedience or something rather than conformations showing if the scar is bad.

Well I picked the boy up yesterday arvo and even for me it was a bit shocking :rofl:

oh the poor fella, bless him with his big smile & waggy tail. :laugh:

sorry I missed your first thread, wow, I'm stunned at what happened to your boy.

You are not to blame, in any way shape or form!!!

After all of this, burns, surgery etc, how did his hips come back :)

ummm.... LMWS, not terrible but not great either. I have since found out a few things that make me want to get them done again, (different vet) wich I will once this crap is all over and done with!

Oh gosh - I've only just seen this thread and am horrified, but glad Beau is on the mend.

Burns are a lot worse if treatment is delayed - so by denying what happened (initially) did they cause his injury to be worse that it would have been if he had been given prompt treatment?

Do you know why they didnt tell you and left him without proper care for three weeks? :mad

BMP, yes the wound was not given ANY sort of treatment initially (i.e. the first 4 days) and then correct treatment was not administered for 3 weeks, so aside from the glaringly obvious fact that he was in pain from the day it happened, the wound was not treated properly from the onset. If they had admitted it was a burn we could have started correct antibiotics, clipped him and gotten it under better control.

From what I have worked out - the head vet was away at the time this happened and the staff tried to cover up their stuff up. :hug:

I understand 100% GG! :laugh: :laugh: My boy has lots and lots of issues and I have blamed myself so may times cause I live in a rental near a swamp area where mozzies and midges are prevalent, etc, etc, but perhaps it's not my fault after all and it could be a thyroid problem instead (testing tomorrow night) and I will finally know that I have tried everything I possibly could with what we were faced with at the times/situations - WHICH YOU DID TOO! K! :mad I know you love Beau and have his best interests at heart, so forget about blaming yourself, you were not informed of what the issue was and you have done everything you could in the situation to help your boy K! :hug:

Ps Imagine if Beau was owned by an non loving dog owner - his is a incredibly lucky boy to have you!!!

edit 4sp

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Hi Guys,

I thought it was about time I posted an update on Beau. I am pleased to say that he is doing really, really well :rofl:

He is healing nicely and his stiches will come out on Tuesday then it is just a waiting game to see how his coat grows back and how he heals.

In the meantime I am doing what I can to keep him quiet and keep all four paws on the ground for most of the day LOL

The poor baby, he has been through so much and is so brave ;)

I'm kicking myself at the moment for changing his food just before the op as he is really itchy again :rolleyes: note to self: Find something good and stick with it!

Here are a couple of pics from today.

GG

ETA helps is I add the pics :rofl:

post-15490-1227249686_thumb.jpg

post-15490-1227249694_thumb.jpg

Edited by goldengirl